Chapter 17

Mia's POV

What the hell was that? was the only thought going through my head as I was ushered towards a small stage where I assumed karaoke would be. There was a limited amount of space, so everyone was squished together on one of the two couches in front of the stage. Unfortunately, there was only one seat left, and it happened to be in between Vincent and Nick. Great, I thought to myself as I made my way over to the seat.

Nick was the first to notice me. He smiled, moved over a little more, and patted the seat next to him. I laughed a little bit, shook my head, and sat down.

"Hey," Nick said as I tried to get comfortable, which was actually very hard in this outfit. "Are you having fun yet?"

I raised my eyebrows and looked over at him. "Really? Well, it's been an experience, I'll say that."

Nick laughed and looked like he was going to say something. However, he was interrupted by a man walking onto the stage and tapping the microphone to get everyone's attention. When we all quieted down as much as possible in a club, the guy started his little speech.

"Alright guys and gals. As most of you know, this is Karaoke Friday. My name is Eric and I will be your host for this evening. We are introducing a new...selection method: the spotlight method. If no one volunteers, then we will use the spotlight to randomly select one of you to come up here and do your stuff. Also, any act that comes up here can request this method if they want someone else to join them on stage. Now, who would like to start this awesome night off?"

I looked down at the floor hoping that someone would volunteer so that I didn't get randomly picked. My prayers were answered when I heard a voice say, "I'll start."

I looked in the direction of the voice and saw Magnus beginning to make his way towards the stage as Alec started to slide down in his seat. I snorted a laugh and turned my attention back towards the stage where Magnus was now standing.

"Well, my name is Magnus and I will be singing Animal by Maroon 5. Oh, and I'm dedicating this song to my wonderful boyfriend, Alec."

I heard a chorus of "aww's" come from all of the girls seated around the stage. Everyone that I came with had huge grins plastered on their faces. I looked back over at Alec and saw him trying to hide the fact that he was blushing a deep crimson red. Seeing this just made my smile that much larger. Magnus began to sing and I have to admit that he was pretty good.

Sooner than I would have liked, Magnus finished his song and received a standing ovation from everyone. He bowed and made his way over to where Alec was still cowering in his seat. Magnus sat down next to him and pulled him into a big hug.
After the clapping died down, Eric made his way back up to the stage and said, "Alright. That was a great way to kick off this night. Who's next?"

"I'll go," said a voice to my left. I saw Nick raise his hand and look over at me. "Ready to be impressed?"
************************************
Hey guys. Hope you liked this chapter. The picture, if I even have to say it, is of Jamie Campbell Bower, a.k.a. Jace. I just had to put his picture in here. Questions:

1) How do you think that karaoke night is going to go?

2) Magnus singing to Alec: thoughts?

3) Any questions for me. They can be about anything. I'll try to answer them all.

Thanks for reading and your support. Keep on keeping on.