Chapter 20

Jace's POV

Thank you, Eric, I thought when I heard him introduce the "spotlight method." So far, my plan is going off without a hitch. I never really payed much attention to the acts that performed. It did make me smile when Magnus went up and, basically, embarrassed the hell out of Alec. After that, I zoned out and just stared at the new girl. I couldn't get over how beautiful she was. The only thing that really got on my nerves was that the two boys sitting next to her also liked her. I mean, it was obvious. It was more obvious with Nick, but, if you payed attention, you could see that it was hard for Vincent to see her with Nick. I could tell that I was going to have some serious competition.

After about thirty more minutes of acts, I saw Nick go up and perform. I looked up to see him smile at the new girl, but quickly looked back at her. I didn't care about anything that Nick was doing. I only cared about getting my place on the floor to fight for the new girl's heart. I don't know how long I was thinking about my plan, but I was snapped out of my daze, again, by the new girl giving Nick a standing ovation and pulling him into a big hug when he reached her. I felt this weird emotion inside of me. What is this? I've never felt this way before. I didn't have any time to think about it because, before I could do anything, I saw the one person that I never wanted to see again head to the stage. I tried to get out of her line of sight, but still be able to watch the new girl.

When I heard Izzy say that there was going to be a twist to their act, I looked over to see if the new girl knew what it was. She looked just about as confused as I was. However, it soon hit me what they were going to do. The five of the girls started to sing, but, one by one, they started to make their way into the crowd. I saw Izzy and Clary make their way over to the new girl and Vincent. Izzy grabbed the new girls hand and Clary grabbed Vincent's. I could see the new girl shake her head, but I knew that Izzy would drag her up there. I could almost make out the new girl saying, "I'm going to kill you," to Izzy. I laughed, but my smile was soon wiped off of my face when I saw the new girl dancing with Vincent. It looked like she was having fun and I could tell that I was not the only one that felt this way. I saw Nick watching the new girl very carefully. I started feeling the weird emotion again. I really don't like this feeling, I thought.

I shook my head and continued watching the new girl. After about another two minutes of having to watch the girl dance with Vincent, the song was over and everyone returned back to their seats. I could see Vincent and the new girl laughing. By the angel, I thought. That girl has the most amazing smile. She has to know how beautiful she is. As this thought process was going on in my head, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw Eric.

"There's only time for two more acts. I don't know if you're going to like the one that goes on before you."

I didn't know what he was talking about until I looked back towards the stage.
***********************************
Hey guys. I just really wanted to put some Jace's POV in here. The picture is just of the main characters of TMI. Questions:

1) What do you think about Jace being jealous?

2) Who do you think is going to preform before Jace?

3) Questions for me?

Thanks for reading. Keep on being awesome!