Chapter 27

Izzy's POV

Soon enough, we were all back at the Institute. And by "we," I mean myself, Alec, Magnus, Simon, Vincent, Nick, and Clary. All of the others had gone home and we still had no clue where Jace and Mia were (Alec hadn't been able to find Jace). I could tell that Clary still liked him and, if she did, then he had too as well. I have to find a way to get them to talk, I thought to myself.

Suddenly, Clary was in front of me with a look of sadness and worry on her face.

"Clary? What's wrong?"

She didn't say anything. She just grabbed my hand and pulled me from the library where we were waiting to hear any news on this Gray guy. We kept walking down the hallway and she soon stopped in front of the door to my room. I was starting to get a little scared, but I just unlocked the door and held it open for her.

When we were both inside, Clary closed the door and locked it. Then, she put a silence rune on it and came over to sit next to me on her bed.

"Okay Clary. What's wrong? You're really scaring me right now."

Clary took a deep breath and put her head in her hands. "I'm late."

"What?" I asked. I didn't really ask to find out what it was she said, but to make sure that I was hearing correctly.

"I'm late. My period is late."

"Do you think that you're..." I trailed off, not wanting to say it in case it would make her feel more uncomfortable than it looked like she already was.

"I don't know. I haven't taken a test yet."

I looked over at her and could tell that she was really stressing out over this. Before I got up to do anything, I pulled her into a big hug. She sighed and hugged me back. After a little while of us sitting like that, I pulled back and pulled her up and towards the bathroom. I looked in the cabinet under my sink and found what I was looking for. I handed it to Clary and left the room, making sure to close the door behind me. I walked over to the door to make sure that no one was looking for us.

When I opened the door, I looked both ways down the hallway and, thankfully, saw no one. I let out a sigh of relief and closed the door, making sure to lock it again. I then went to sit on Clary's bed and took out my phone, unlocking it to see that I had a text from Simon.

S - Hey. Where are you guys? I miss you already.

I - Hey. We are in Clary's room. Girl stuff...

S - Okay. No more questions. Just hurry back. xoxo

I - Haha. I'll try. Love you xoxo

S - Love you too xoxo

I put my phone down and got up to head towards the bathroom. I knocked on the door and heard muffled crying.

"Clary? Are you okay?" When there was no answer, I opened the door to find Clary sitting on the floor, crying. "Clary?"

She looked up at me and pointed to the sink. On the counter, there laid the pregnancy test that I had given her. I picked it up and looked at the sign: positive. I turned back towards Clary.

"Clary! You're pregnant! That's amazing! Wait...does Jace know about this?"

She shook her head and broke down crying again. I sat down next to her and pulled her into another hug. "Clary, sweetie. You know that you are going to have to tell him sooner or later."

"I know, Izzy. I've been meaning to tell him what I thought, but it never seemed like the right time. I suspected that I was, but I didn't want to tell him in case he got angry. Now, I don't know what to do. Izzy, help me!"

"Shh. It's okay. We will get through this. I'll help you every step of the way. The first thing to do is to make sure we know who the father is."

"I already know that. It is Jace. I haven't let anyone else...you know...other than him. I'm positive it's him."

I took a deep breath. "Well, the next thing to do is get you up off of this floor and cleaned up."

Clary looked up at me and I saw a small smile begin to break out across her face. I smiled back and began to lead her over to my vanity. Within the span of two minutes, I had her looking adorable and like she did before this whole incident happened. I stepped back and began to pull Clary towards the door.

"Where are we going?"

"We still have this new Gray guy that we need to research. I promise that, before we head to bed, we will talk more about this. We will work something out. You can count on me."

"Thanks, Izzy. I don't know what I would ever do without you."

"I get that a lot," I replied, flipping my hair. This got Clary laughing and, in no time, we were both smiling and walking back the way we had come.
***********************************
Hey guys. I hope that you liked this chapter and the not so small surprise. The picture is of the library in the Institute.

Questions:

1) What do you think about the surprise?

2) Do you want the baby to be a boy or a girl? And any particular name for either or both of the genders?

3) Any other character's point of views that you would like to see or see more of?

4) Any character ideas for me? Remember, I need what you want them to look like, what you want their name to be, what group you want them to be a part of (werewolf, vampire, Shadowhunter, etc), and whether or not you want them to be on the good side or the bad side.)

5) Any questions for me? Other ideas? Random comments?

Thank you all for reading and for getting me to 900 reads. It really means a lot that so many people actually like this book. I thank you from the very bottom of my heart for all of your support.

- blackwolves16

P.S. Would you guys like to know my real name? Only my first, of course, but still.