Chapter 70

Vincent's POV

"Wait, she was here?" Izzy asked me.

After throwing some random clothes on, I ran from my room to the library to tell everyone what just happened. Luckily for me, almost all of the group was still there, so we just had to wake up some others.

"Yes and no. She was here physically, but she wasn't exactly herself."

"What do you mean?" Jace asked.

"Two words: black eyes."

Everyone's eyes widened when I said that. All of us know what black eyes mean and it's never good.

"Are you sure? I mean, it could just be a trick-"

"I'm positive," I said, cutting off Alec. "She came in with normal blue eyes and then she blinked and they were black. It's kind of hard to miss something like that."

I ran my hands through my hair as I paced back and forth in front of the table where everyone was sitting. I could feel everyone's eyes on me, watching to see what I would do. I guess they thought that I was more pissed off than anything. While I am, I'm definitely more worried about Mia right now.

"What do we do now?" Clary asked all of us. "I mean, we don't exactly have the firepower to fight Gray and Mia and the army I'm pretty sure he has in the works. We have people, but I think we've been through enough to know that more is way better."

"I might have an idea," Magnus said, causing all of us to look at him.

"What is it?"

"Well, looking back through all of our battles, who have been the most powerful and most numerous out of all of us?"

Clary and I looked at each other, understanding what he was referring to. We both started to shake our heads, her being the first to break the silence.

"Magnus, you can't be serious? You want us to fight with demons? The things we're born to kill?"

"I don't see any other choice right now. Unless any of you have other ideas..." When none of us spoke up, Magnus nodded his head. "That's what I thought. Believe me when I say I don't like this any more than you, but we don't really have any more choices."

We all sighed and I went to sit down in the chair next to Magnus. Part of me didn't want to believe that this was the only way, but the larger part, the one that cared about Mia more than anything, knew Magnus was right.

"It does seem like the only choice we have if we want to have any chance to beat Gray. No one likes it, but it might be our only hope to save Mia and bring Gray down," I said, looking around at everyone.

After taking a deep breath, Alec spoke up. "Okay, Magnus. Who did you have in mind?"

"I know a few demons that hang out around Pandemonium. They're rogue, so I don't think they would want someone coming in and controlling them. I could see if they would be willing to fight with us. We'll need more than that, though. Vincent, can you get the wolf pack to fight with us?"

I nodded my head. "Of course."

"Great. Clary, can you talk to Luke and see if he can get some other werewolves to help?"

"Yeah. It'll give me an excuse to see my mom, too."

"Jace and Alec, can you talk to some other Shadowhunters and get them on our side?"

"Idiots," Jace mumbled.

"Sure thing," Alec said, elbowing Jace in the side.

"Izzy, can you get some faeries? I know it's the last place you want to go, but we need all the help we can get."

"I can go with you after seeing Luke," Clary said when she saw Izzy's hesitation.

"Okay, I guess."

"Thank you. Simon, could you get some vampires that would be willing to fight?"

"I can try, but I don't know how much they'll listen to me."

"Will, I may need to you talk to some of the dead and see if they can help in any way."

"Will do, Magnus. I know I few who will be more than willing to fight."

"Tessa and Jem: get anyone else you can that would want to fight with us. I don't care who they are or what species; the more the better." They both nodded their heads and everyone got up to walk out of the room. "Get some sleep tonight and we can start recruiting people tomorrow. You'll need all the energy you guys can get. Vincent, can I talk to you a little before you leave?"

I nodded my head and walked back over to my seat. "What's up, Magnus? Are you okay?"

"I've been doing research about what we found out about you and Mia. It's kept me so busy that I barely have time for Alec and sleep is a blessing. I've been trying and trying to find a way to protect Mia, but I don't think there's a way to do it."

"Magnus, don't worry too much about it. If we can't find a way to protect her, I'm pretty sure she can protect herself. The more important thing has to do with her powers. Have you found out anything else about them?"

Magnus nodded his head. "Yeah, and I don't know how much you'll like it. She has the power to control people's bodies and minds if she knows how to do it. She can learn spells more quickly than even I can. She's stronger than the average werewolf should be and she should be able to take on someone twice her size. I can't even fathom how powerful Gray's army will be with her on his side."

"Me either. No one has ever had that much power. I'm scared what Gray will do to her when he finds out about all of it. Do you really think we have a chance to stop him and get her back?"

He sighed, not looking at me. "I honestly don't know. I hope so, for your sake and for the sake of everyone in the world, but I don't know for certain. You should go get some sleep; you'll definitely need it."

"Okay. You should try to get some sleep, too. You need it more than anyone else here."

"Thanks, Vincent. I'll try."

I smiled at him encouragingly and walked back towards the door. I turned back before I actually left the room and saw Magnus with his head down on the table. I looked down before I closed the door and walked down the hallway.

"Hey, Vincent. Is Magnus still in the library?"

I turned around to see Alec standing behind me. "Yeah...you should go see him. He seems really stressed and he told me that he never really has time for sleep. Don't tell him I told you this, but he also thinks that he doesn't have enough time to spend with you and I can tell that it's killing him."

"Thanks Vincent. I'll make sure to talk to him about it."

I smiled at him as he turned around and walked back the way I had just come. I continued to walk back to my room, still thinking about Mia and trying to comprehend everything that had just happened.
***********************************
1293 words. Sorry for being so inactive lately, but senior year has taken up so so so so much of my time. I've wanted to write, but I either haven't had the time or had the ideas to write anything. I sat down to write something and I stopped multiple times throughout it to do other stuff for school or I ran out of ideas. I hope that you guys liked this chapter and I didn't just write something really stupid.

Questions:

1) What do you think about the idea of them having to work with demons?

2) Thoughts on the other allies that they need?

3) Thoughts on the conversation between Magnus and Vincent?

4) What do you think about all of Mia's powers?

5) Do you guys have any other ideas for me to use? Characters you want to see?

Thank you all so much for barring with me when I go on long rants or I don't write for so long. I promise I will try to write more, but I can't really promise anything. Love you guys so much.
-blackwolves16 (aka Megan)