Chapter 79

Mia's POV

"So, what's been going on here?" I asked before Izzy started whatever she was going to do.

"Well, Jace and Clary are kinda working things out. I think she's gonna be going to the doctor at some point when things calm down enough. Jace said he'd go with her."

"That's good. I'm gad they're at least trying and Jace is stepping up."

"Me too. Simon and I have been great, JaceandVincentgotintoafight, Alec and Magnus are looking-"

"Wait, what did you say?"

"Simon and I have been great."

"After that."

"Alec and Magnus-"

"Before that, Iz."

"Oh...yeah...that. Jace and Vincent may have gotten into a small fight. Clary stopped it before punches were thrown."

"Why were they fighting?"

"It may or may not have been about you."

I was about to say something when there was a knock on the door. Izzy groaned before putting what she was using down and walking over. Opening the door a crack, all she said was, "What?"

"Jem and Magnus want to know how much longer you're going to be," I heard Alec say.

"Ten to fifteen minutes. Tell Magnus you can't rush perfection."

And, with that, she closed the door and walked back over to me.

"So what about that fight?" I asked as she picked a brush up.

"How much do you want to know?"

"The important parts."

"You got taken, Vincent was pissed, punched a wall, Jace and Tess both said we'd find you, blah blah blah...Vincent called Jace out on liking you, said you chose him, told Jace to back off, then Clary stepped in."

"Damn...who would've thought I'd have guys basically fighting over me? Even if it was really just because I got taken and tensions were high."

"Girl, have you seen yourself? I'm surprised there aren't more guys trying to break down the door to get to you."

"That is way more you than me."

"I mean you're not wrong, but you're still gorgeous enough for that to happen."

"Thanks, Iz. You are too, even though you don't need that reminder."

"I don't, but thank you anyways. Now be quiet so I can do your lips."

We both laughed before she finished up whatever the look was she had in mind. A few minutes later, she stood back and smiled before turning to grab a hand-held mirror.

"Whatcha think?"

She had done a dark black smokey eye with glittery red liner on the top and a white liner on my water line. There was mascara on both the upper and bottom lashes along with a matte nude lip to finish it off.

"I love it. You'll definitely have to teach me how to do stuff like this at some point."

"Of course. I'd love to have another makeup artist in this place. As much as I could keep talking about makeup and clothes all day, we should probably meet up with Jem and Magnus. I don't know what they want, but I think it's best we don't keep them waiting if they sent Alec to get us."

Laughing, I said, "Yeah probably," before putting the shoes on and helping Izzy pick everything up.

We made small talk for a few minutes before something made us turn towards the door. Leaving her makeup stuff on the bed, Izzy made her way over to the door with me close behind her. She took out a knife and handed it back to me before unraveling her whip. Opening the door, she had just enough time to look down the hallway before someone ran past us.