Chapter 19

Mia's POV

Wow, was all I thought while Nick was singing. I didn't know that he had such a good voice. I could also tell that he was trying to impress me. It was even more clear when he said that he was singing the song for "someone who would like to remain anonymous, but knows who she is." I knew that Nick liked me, but I didn't know that he liked me this much. I don't know what I feel right now. When he dedicated that song to me, I felt both embarrassed and happy. Embarrassed because, well, I really don't like being the center of attention. Happy because no one has ever done that for me. I was never the girl that was popular with the boys, or even popular period. I was more of the quiet one who always had her nose in a book. I did have friends, but we were all the same way. We cared more about getting a good education than being popular. People were always telling me that I was pretty and that I always looked amazing, but I never thought of myself like that. It was amazing that someone would go this far just because they could and they liked me.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of yelling and clapping. I looked at the stage and saw that Nick had stopped singing. Like everyone else, I stood up and clapped and yelled like all of his other fans. I could tell that he really just wanted to impress me because he looked directly at me and gave me a huge smile when he saw me giving him a standing ovation. He gave one final bow and started to walk over to me. I don't know whether it was because I was thankful for him doing what he did or because I just wanted to congratulate him, but, either way, as soon as Nick reached me, I pulled him into a big hug. I could tell that he wasn't really expecting it, but that he enjoyed it. He hugged me back and then led me back to our seats.

"You were amazing!" I exclaimed as we sat back down.

"You really think so?"

"Yes. I really do."

We both laughed a little and then settled in to watch more of the acts perform. Suddenly, I saw Clary, Kat, Grace, Alice, and Izzy get up and head towards the stage. When they got to the center, Izzy stepped up to the microphone.

"Hey everyone. I'm Izzy and these are my friends Clary, Kat, Grace, and Alice. We are going to sing Me and My Girls by Fifth Harmony. However, we are also going to add a little bit of a twist to the act. We hope that you guys like it."

I didn't know what twist they were talking about, but I guessed that I would find out soon enough, even though I wasn't completely sure I wanted to.
************************************
Hey all. Thank you to everyone who has read my story. It really means a lot to me. Alright, the picture is of Malec because...just because. Questions:

1) What do you think about the songs that I chose for karaoke?

2) What do you think Izzy, Clary, Kat, Alice, and Grace are planning?

3) Any questions for me? I know that I've asked this in the last few chapters, but I like to see what people have to ask me.

4) Thoughts on the story so far? Ideas on what should happen in the future?

Thank you all again for reading. Keep on being awesome!