Chapter 38

Izzy's POV

I woke up at some point during the night and couldn't get back to sleep. I decided to get up and lay out some clothes for Clary and Mia so that they didn't have to wait for me when they got up. I went to the bathroom, splashed some water on my face, and returned to my bed. I stared up at the ceiling, trying to go back to sleep. After about fifteen minutes, I heard the bathroom door open and close. I looked over the side of my bed and saw that it was Mia that had gotten up.

I must have drifted off after that, but it didn't last long. When I woke back up, I laid there for a few minutes before giving up and walking back into the bathroom to change and wash up. After I was done, I walked back out into the room and over to my makeup stand. Even though it was still dark, I got my makeup perfect within the span of five minutes. I wrote a note for Clary just letting her know that I left so that she wouldn't be too surprised when she woke up and didn't see me.

I walked out of the room and made my way to the library. When I opened the door, I walked over to the table and sat down. I sighed and put my head in my hands. Taking my hands away from my face after a few minutes, something on the table caught my attention. I picked it up and saw that it was the packet that we had on Mia. I know that sounds really sketchy, but we have documents on everyone that we need to find and/or protect. I had this urge to look at it and find out more about her, considering I knew almost nothing about her.

When I flipped it open, the first thing that greeted my was a picture of Mia. She looked so pretty and it was a natural kind of beauty, not the kind that came with lots and lots of makeup. I flipped the page again and got to the page that had some random facts on her.

Name: Mia Edwards

Age: 18

Birthday: March 23rd, 1998

At this fact, I stopped. Her birthday is today. We have to do something. My mind then started to go a thousand different directions of what I wanted to do for her. It went from getting strippers to karaoke to going out to the club to going to see a movie. It finally came to the point where I had to write down all of my ideas. Some of them were a little far-fetched, so I crossed them out. Others I thought were a little bland, so those got crossed out as well. I was finally left with karaoke and strippers.

Well, I thought to myself. I don't think Mia is the type of person to want strippers for her birthday, so karaoke it is.

As soon as I put the pencil down, a loud ringing sounded throughout the Institute. Who could be at the door at this time in the morning? I thought to myself as I got up and started to make my way to the front door. When I got there, I uncoiled my bracelet and opened the door. I was met by a girl that had long blue hair and blue eyes to match. She had on black leather pants, a flowy shirt that was cinched at her waist, a motorcycle jacket, black high heeled boots, and a spiky black bracelet.

"Who are you?" I asked her.

"My name...is Robyn...and I...need...help."

And, with that, she fell to the ground.

"Jace! Alec! Vincent! Help!" I screamed as I tried to move the girl into the Institute.
***********************************
Hey guys. So, today's my 17th birthday! Happy birthday to me! I wanted to have Mia's birthday be the same as mine, so, I did. I really hope that you guys liked this chapter. I had a lot of fun writing it. Also, the picture is of what Robyn was wearing. I'll post what she looks like in the next chapter.

The new character, Robyn, is MultiFandomGirl46ulm. I hope that you guys like her and I did a good job of describing her.

Questions:

1) Who do you think Robyn is?

2) What do you think is going to happen with Robyn and the party?

3) Questions for the Q&A section?

4) Any other character ideas? Ideas for the rest of the story?

Thank you all so much for reading. I love you all.
- blackwolves16