Chapter 15

Mia's POV

As soon as we walked in, I was hit with a pounding beat that only increased the further we walked into the club. I looked around and saw a bunch of different people. Not one ever looked the same as another. Before I even finished one full sweep of the club, I felt someone start pulling me towards the dance floor. I turned just as the person stopped pulling only to find Izzy standing next to me.

"Come on, Mia! Dance with me!"

I rolled my eyes, but eventually started laughing as we started to dance. I started to dance to the beat. I was actually starting to have a good time when I felt eyes watching me. I turned a little and saw a group of guys staring at me and Izzy. I quickly tried to get her attention. She looked over to the group and smiled, almost as if she was inviting them to come and dance with us. The guys seemed to understand because they started to make their way over to where we were. When they reached us, I was surprised by Izzy starting to lead them away from the dance floor. She shot me a quick look that kind of said, "Come on." So, I followed her and the rest of the guys followed as well. I had no idea what was going on, not even when I saw Alec, Clary, Magnus, Simon, and Vincent waiting in what looked like a lounge area.

As soon as we got there, I saw Vincent, Alec, and Izzy start to slowly reach for something that looked like it was glowing. Before I could process what was happening, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and pull me off to the side. I looked behind me to see Simon holding me back. I turned my head back around to see Izzy's bracelet come to life. It was like it was a bracelet one second and a glowing whip the next. I saw Alec take a bow and arrow out of an alcove in the wall and start shooting the group of guys. Magnus had these blue sparks shooting off of his fingers and Clary had a sword. Vincent was just using his hands to fight, but it was like he was flying through the motions. Before I knew it, all of the guys were on the ground, slowly turning into ash and disappearing into the ground.

"What?! Was?! That?!" I practically screamed at them.

"Mia, listen," I heard Vincent say, calmly. "I know what you are thinking. I will try to explain everything to you so you can understand why we did what we just did. But, not now. It is not safe to talk about this here. I will give you answers, just not now and not here."

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "So," I said, a little shakily. "Is this the only reason that you guys even come here?"

"Now, that is a question that I can easily answer. No. We do actually come here to have fun. Sometimes, it just gets interrupted, like it did just now. But, now that that is over with, who is ready to get to the real reason that we came here?"

I looked around at everyone and saw that they all had these huge smiles plastered on their faces. "KARAOKE!" they all yelled at once.
************************************
Okay. I actually changed my trail of thought a little bit from what I was intentionally going to do. I hope that you guys like this though. The picture is Alec because, well, he's Alec. Questions:

1) Did you like this scene?

2) How should Mia deal with this news?

3) Love square: yes or no (possibly something like Mia, Vincent, Nick, and Jace; I don't know for certain yet)

Thanks for reading. Keep being awesome.