Chapter 41

Kat's POV

After Vincent called, I gathered everyone to tell them about the situation.

"Alright, guys. I'm guessing you're all wondering why I called you here. Well, I just got a call from Vincent and he said that he will be staying at the Institute for a little while. There has been a development and he is needed there. While he is gone, he put me in charge and will try to check up on us when he has the time. Does anyone have any questions?"

I looked around the room and saw that everyone was looking at me with blank stares. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a hand raise.

"Yes, Casey?"

"What exactly happened? We've heard bits and pieces, but not the whole story."

"I don't know if Vincent would want me to tell you. I think he should be the one to do it."

Casey nodded her head and relaxed back in her seat. Alice raised her hand next. "Do you know how long Vincent will be gone for?"

"I do not. It may be for a while because he sounded very stressed on the phone."

Alice nodded her head. I looked around the room one last time.

"Alright. If there are no more questions, you are all dismissed. I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast."

Everyone got up and made their way out the door. I sighed and started to make my way to my room when a movement in the corner of the room caught my eye. I turned around and felt my eyes changing as I tried to see what it was. Suddenly, this thing lunged out of the shadows and came directly at me. I stepped to the side and watched as it just missed me. My gut was telling me to change into wolf form, but my mind was telling me to wait and see what the thing did.

As the thing started to get up, I got my first clear glimpse of it. It was all black, which explained why it blended into the shadows so well. It looked like a regular werewolf, but smaller. Its claws were long and sharp and it had fangs that were clearly visible even with its mouth shut. I had never seen anything like this before in my life.

After getting a clear view of it, I just stood, waiting to see what it would do. Seconds later, it lunged at me again and I just managed to get out of the way. Alright. You want to play dirty, bring it, I thought to myself as I focused on changing into my wolf form. It was a quick process when you've done it as many times as I have.

When I opened my eyes back up, everything was clearer and I was on all fours. My wolf was light gray and had what everyone told me were piercing yellow eyes. I stretched a little and then focused my eyes on the creature. When it lunged for the third time, I was ready. I jumped and caught it in mid-air. We fell to the ground, the thing under me. I snarled and the thing bared more of its fangs. I growled and snapped my head down to clamp my jaws around its neck. It let out a high pitched yelp and went silent.

I let go of it and walked backwards. The sound of footsteps snapped me out of my daze and I quickly changed back into my human form. When the people reached the room, they stopped and stated at the thing that was laying on the ground, unmoving.

"I'm going to call the Institute. You guys...do something with that."

I walked out of the room and took a shaky breath. Something like that hasn't happened in so long. I closed my eyes and tried to calm myself before I went to the kitchen to use the phone. I dialed the Institute's number and waited for someone to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Izzy. It's Kat. Something's happened at the compound."

"Okay. Just keep everyone inside until we can get there..."

Izzy trailed off and I heard a rumbling.

"Did someone just come through the portal?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I'll have to call you back. We have to deal with something here first, then we'll be there. Just keep them safe."

"Alright. Thanks Izzy."

"No problem." And, with that, she hung up.

"I guess it's time for another meeting," I said to myself as I prepared for a long night.
***********************************
Hey guys. I hope that you liked this chapter. I've been getting lots of comments about having a Kat's POV section, so here it is.

Questions:

1) What do you think the "thing" is?

2) More or less Kat?

3) Questions for the Q&A section? This will be my last time asking. Q&A will most likely be the next update.

4) Questions for the "Ask the Characters" section? If you don't remember what this is, it's when you comment with questions for any of the characters and I answer them as the characters. (Idea brought to you by TessaWayland)

5) Anything else you would like to see happen? Other character's point of views you want to see?

Thank you all so much for your support. I especially want to thank BibliophilicFangirl, MultiFandomGirl46ulm, and the amazing TessaWayland. Without their support, I don't know where I would be. Love you all!
-blackwolves16