Chapter 54

Mia's POV

After Izzy shut the door to her room, she lead me to wherever it was she seemed really excited to get to. Suddenly, a pair of hands were over my eyes. My werewolf senses kicked in and I let out a low growl. I heard a deep laugh and a voice in my head.

It's just me. No need to freak out.

I let a slow smile spread across my face. Why all the secrets? I thought back.

Don't blame me. It's Izzy's idea.

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Vincent laughed and said, out loud this time, "Now, take about ten steps forward and then stop."

I did as he told me and, when I stopped, Vincent took his hands from my eyes so I could see what the secretiveness was all about. There were balloons everywhere in the library that ranged in color from purple and blue to red and gold. There were also sparkly banners up around the room that all said "Happy Birthday, Mia!" in gold glitter.

I turned around and hugged Izzy and then Vincent. "Thank you guys so much. This is amazing."

"It was all Izzy's idea. I just helped reign her in a little," Vincent said.

Izzy smiled at me and took my hand to lead me down the stairs. Everyone came over to meet us at the bottom. The first one to get to me was Magnus.

"The glitter was my touch," he said as he pulled me into a big hug. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you," I replied with a laugh.

Alec and Clary came up after. "We tried to reign them in before there were glitter cannons around the door," Clary said as she gave me a hug. Alec walked up after she stepped away to give me a hug and wish me a happy birthday.

Jace came up next with a large smile on his face. He hugged me and whispered, "Happy birthday, sweetie."

"Thank you, but I don't think Vincent will like you calling me sweetie."

Jace laughed and, as if on cue, I felt an arm wrap around my waist. Jace pulled away and gave my hand one last squeeze before he turned around to talk to Izzy. I turned my face up towards Vincent.

"Is someone jealous?"

Vincent snorted. "What? Me? Jealous? Pft...no..."

"Alright lover boy. You keep thinking that."

We both laughed and Vincent gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before the rest of the group came over to wish me a happy birthday. Jem, Tessa, and Will were the last ones to come up. I could see something in Tessa's eyes that looked like confusion, but I simply made a mental note to talk to her later. After she gave me her hug, music started blasting through speakers I didn't even know were there. Vincent started pulling me towards the middle of the room where everyone was already dancing. I smiled at him and let him drag me to the center of the floor. We danced for what seemed like hours before Izzy turned down the music and stood, with a microphone in her hand, next to a television screen.

"Alright. Now, I want the birthday girl to come up here."

I heard everyone clapping and yelling my name. I looked over at Vincent who just smiled and gave me a little push towards where Izzy was standing. I walked over to stand next to her before asking, "What's this about, Iz?"

"I have a little surprise for the birthday girl. I helped these people plan and rehearse special songs that describe how they feel about you. Anyone that I've talked to about these performances, please raise your hand."

I looked from Izzy to the crowd standing in front of us. I saw that Vincent, Clary, Jace, Magnus, Tessa, Will, and Jem had raised their hands. I looked back to Izzy and saw that she had also raised her hand. I mouthed "thank you" to her and she just smiled.

"Now, if Mia will sit down in the seat of honor," she said, pointing to a seat to the left of where we were standing, "we can-"

"Wait...I would like to be able to sing something for Mia."

Who I saw when I turned my head in the direction of the voice, my jaw dropped in shock when I figured out who it was.
***********************************
Hey guys. I hope that you liked this chapter. I had fun writing it and I liked the little cliff-hangers that I keep leaving you guys with.

Questions:

1) Who do you think is at the door?

2) Random question: what song do you think Magnus should sing for Mia? I, honestly, have no idea, so please comment with your ideas.

3) Any questions for the Ask the Characters section?

Thank you all for reading. I love you all so much!
-blackwolves16 (aka Megan)