Chapter 2 Part 2

Third Person POV

The boy turned around just as the door opened and two men walked in.

"Vincent, long time no see," one of the two men said. The other just looked at him. If looks could kill, Vincent would have been dead within a minute.

"Hello, Chase. It has been, hasn't it? Why do I get the honor of seeing you this fine morning?"

This time, the man with the death stare, Roger, spoke. "One of our test subjects has disappeared. You wouldn't happen to know where she went?"

Vincent took his time coming up with an answer. When he did, he thought it was a pretty good lie. "I have not seen a woman in months. What makes you think that today would be any different? Anyway, I can see that that matter is not what brings you both here. What did you want to talk to me about?"

This time, it was Chase and Roger's turn to hesitate before speaking. "Well..." Chase started. "You are correct. The missing test subject is not what we were initially here to speak to you about. The real matter concerns the job that Celeste gave you. She would like to know if you have completed it yet or not."

Vincent thought back a month ago to the time when Celeste had given him the job. Any job from Celeste was important, but this one was even more so because it involved a mass murder. All of the blood was sucked out of the people, so the only option as to who had done it was vampires. Vincent's assignment was to do some research about it and see if he could dig up any information pointing to the local vampire clan. So far, he hadn't come up with anything, but, then again, he wasn't really paying attention to any of the research.

"I have not completed it, per-say, but I have found what I think is useful information. It involves another killing in Princeton."

Vincent walked over to his desk and opened the top drawer. Inside, there were many different stacks of papers. He pulled one out and handed it to Chase. He started to look through the papers and, with every paper, his expression grew more worried. When Chase finished, he looked back to Vincent and said, "Thank you. Celeste will be very pleased with what you have so far. Just make sure that you complete the rest within the given timeframe."

"I will and you can tell Celeste the same. I will give you any information that I receive. I hope that Celeste will be patient enough to wait until I do."

"You know how much Celeste likes to wait. However, we will make sure that she receives your message," Chase replied.

"Thank you boys very much. I will make sure that I keep my end of the bargain as well. Now, if you would not mind, I am a little tired and would like to lie down for awhile. If you would excuse me, gentlemen."

"Alright, Vincent. Just do not forget to do the research," Chase said as he and Roger turned towards the door and left the room.

As soon as Chase and Roger had left, Vincent took out his key and locked the door. He touched the tip of the key to the door and watched as the purple light twisted itself into the shape of a keyhole. When the light had faded away, Vincent walked back over to his desk, took out his laptop, and put it on his bed. He then walked back over to the door to the room that the girl was hiding in, pushed the button, and opened the door.