Chapter 46

Song: Heart by Heart by Demi Lovato
Reason: it's from the TMI movie
**********************************
Vincent's POV

After Mia left, I sat back in my seat, trying to see if I could read her thoughts to see what they were talking about. I know that sounds really weird, but I just wanted to know if anything bad happens to her. However, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't hear anything. He must have put a spell on them, I thought to myself. Typical Jem. Sighing, I tried to refocus on what Tessa was saying.

"Okay. Now that Jem is gone, I guess I'll have to take over. Well, he wanted you guys," she said, gesturing behind her to the new people, "to say something about yourselves."

Victoria stepped forward. "I guess I'll start. Well, I'm Victoria. I love riding motorcycles and I don't really care if you're good or bad. As long as you don't double cross me, we'll be good. Oh, and I'm a very distant cousin of the Lightwoods."

"I'm next. I'm Scarlight Fairchild. I'm 17 years old. I can make my tattoos appear or disappear when I want to. Um...oh, when I'm mad, my eyes, highlights, and lips turn blood red."

"I guess I'm next. Well, my name's Shannah. I like to think that I'm really easy to talk to and I have people tell me that I actually listen to what someone says to me. I'm kind hearted, but, if you hurt my friends, or even think about it, I will break you. I have a really cool power of controlling elements and I'm really awesome with the bow and arrow."

"Saved the best for last, as always."

"We didn't exactly save you. You kind of just ended up being last," Shannah said.

"Whatever. Anyway, I'm Vanessa. I can be really weird and outgoing when I want to. I'm kind of bold, but I can get really aggressive if any of my friends are messed with. Oh, and I'm a werewolf."

I heard Jace say, under his breath, "I like her."

"Yeah because she reminds you of you," Alec said.

I laughed as Jace sent his parabatai an annoyed look. I looked back to where Tessa was standing, just watching the whole scene unfurl with a smile on her face. When she cleared her throat, everyone stopped talking and looked at her.

"So, now that you guys know them, why don't you guys introduce yourselves. Just a name and one fact about yourselves."

"Well," I said. "I guess I'll be the one to start. My name's Vincent and I am the leader of one of the werewolf packs here in New York."

"I'm Isabelle, but everyone calls me Izzy. The only thing you need to know about me is that if you touch my whip, you die."

"Okay...well, I'm Clary and I like to think that I'm a good artist."

"Good? You're awesome," Jace said. "I'm Jace and I'm the best Shadowhunter here." Everyone laughed as he just looked around. "What? It's true."

I looked and saw that Magnus was mumbling something. Next thing I know, a duck was standing behind Jace. It quacked and Jace jumped a mile. Everyone laughed again as Jace looked at all of us in turn with this "I'm going to kill you" expression plastered on his face.

"Not so amazing now, are you? I'm Magnus and I'm the fabulous, glittery, gay high warlock of Brooklyn."

"I'm Alec and I'm the oldest here, so I help to run this Institute when our, meaning Izzy and my, parents aren't here."

"I'm Simon and I'm a daylighter. It's a kind of vampire that can go out in the sun."

"And," I said before Tessa could start talking again. "The one that just left with Jem was Mia. She's new here and is part werewolf and part Shadowhunter."

Tessa nodded her head and opened her mouth to start talking. She was soon interrupted by the sound of the library doors opening. Jem walked in and over to where Tessa was standing. He whispered something in her ear and I watched as her expression changed into one of concern before she had a chance to conceal it.

"Alrighty. Now that Jem is back, we can have a tour of the Institute so you guys know where you will be staying and training. Vincent, can you hang back for a few?"

I could sense that something was wrong because Mia hadn't come back in with Jem, but I just nodded my head. Everyone else got up and made their way out of the library and I made my way over to where Tessa was standing.

"What's going on, Tessa? Where's Mia?"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. You're not going to like what I'm about to tell you, but you need to hear it. Jem just told Mia and, I'm sorry to have to say this, but...you and her can't be together."
***********************************
Hey guys. Another chapter that I almost cried writing. I wanted this chapter to have Tessa telling Vincent the news since last chapter, Jem told Mia. The next chapters will get better, I promise.

I really don't have any questions for you. The next update will be, most likely, tomorrow with the updated character list. Love you guys (even though it really doesn't seem like it right now).
-blackwolves16