Chapter 36

Mia's POV

I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that it was Jace at the door. "Hey Jace. Sorry about the knife. You scared me."

Jace chuckled and said, "No worries. I'm just glad that it's not embedded in my head right now."

Now, it was my turn to laugh. I could tell that Jace was smiling even in the dimness of the room. "Well, while we're on the topic of my knife, could I have it back?"

Jace took a few steps into the room, but stopped. "I don't know..."

I rolled my eyes and did the only really girly thing that I knew made guys break. I stuck out my bottom lip and did the puppy dog eyes. "Please Jacey?" I asked in the sweetest voice I could muster.

His reaction was not what I thought it would be. My eyes widened as Jace started to laugh again. "Ah. The puppy-dog-eyes. Classic. However, those do not work on yours truly."

I huffed and held out my hand. Just as Jace was about to walk over to me, the knife flew out of his hand and into mine. I heard a startled gasp come from Jace, but he quickly regained his composure and continued to walk over to stand in front of me.

"That wasn't very fair."

"That's what you get for taking my knife in the first place."

Before I could comprehend what was happening, Jace's hands were on my waist and he was pulling me closer to him. I tried to keep my expression blank, but I could sense the blush starting to form on my cheeks. If he gets any closer...I thought to myself. That moment of distraction was enough for Jace to take the knife out of my hand and put it behind his back.

"Hey. Give it back."

"Nope. You have to get it yourself. No powers allowed this time."

"Fine. Be prepared to lose."

Jace laughed and replied, "I highly doubt that."

As soon as he said that, I smirked and started towards him. He didn't move even as I stopped inches from him. I looked up at him and smiled. I could tell that he was confused, but he had a poker face on, no doubt thinking that I wouldn't notice. That only made me smile more. He looked down at me, still having no clue what I was planning. I closed the remaining distance between us and put my arms around his neck. Now, the confusion was written clearly over Jace's face.

I leaned in and pulled Jace's face towards mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him. At first, Jace didn't do anything, but, when I didn't pull away, he started to kiss me back. Suddenly, I reached down behind his back to where his hand was still holding my knife. I grabbed it and twirled away from Jace, leaving him stunned.

"I win," I said in a teasing voice.

He just looked at me as I turned away and started to walk towards the weapons wall on the other side of the room. Suddenly, I felt two strong hands on my waist, turning me around. A pair of lips was soon on mine. My eyes flew up to stare into the beautiful golden eyes that were looking back at me, begging me to react to his kiss. Something within me felt different. I wanted to kiss him back and, without warning, I did.

Getting the reaction he wanted from me, his kisses became more and more passionate and I kept kissing him back. Suddenly, a single thought, more like a name, crossed my mind. Clary.

I broke away from Jace and said, "Jace. We can't. What about Clary?"

"What about her? She cheated on me. She means nothing to me anymore. I know that we just met, but I feel a connection. It's like we were destined to meet. Don't you feel it?"

"I do, Jace. I really do, but there's something that you need to know."

"What? What else could I need to know?"

I took a deep breath. "I shouldn't be the one to tell you, but Clary-"

"I already told you. Clary means nothing. When she cheated on me, yeah I was disappointed. But, then I realized that she couldn't have loved me as much as I thought if she would do something like that-"

"Jace!" I yelled. He looked startled as he stopped talking. "I'm sorry that I yelled at you, but Clary's..."

"What? Mia, what happened to Clary?"

I took a deep breath. Clary is going to kill me for this, I thought. "She's pregnant, Jace."

At this, Jace's face paled and he started to back away from me. "What?"

"Jace, you need to talk to her. She's going through so much right now. She needs you to be there for her."

Jace looked at me. "You're right. I should talk to her, but first..." He trailed off as he walked back over to me. This time, it was to give me a hug and say, "Thank you."

"Anytime. Now, I think you have somewhere to be."

Jace pulled back and smiled. "Yeah, I guess I do. Is there anything I can do for you before I leave?"

I shook my head and Jace started to head towards the door. Before he left, he turned around one last time. "You're really something else, you know that?"

I smiled and he walked out of the room. You have no idea how right you are, I thought as I made my way towards the weapons wall.
***********************************
Hello my wonderful readers. I hope that you all liked this chapter. I have to admit, I really liked writing this Jia moment. I know that there are many who loved this as well. This picture is of Malec (well, the actors that play them). I love this picture so much.

Questions:

1) What did you guys think about the Jia moment?

2) Who is your favorite character?

3) Who do you ship more? It can be any ship, either from my story, the TMI characters, or any combination of the two.

4) Character ideas? Ideas for the rest of the story? Random comments?

5) Questions for the Q&A section?

Thank you all so much for your loving support.
-blackwolves16