Chapter 63

Video: Oath by Cher Lloyd featuring Becky G
**********************************
Izzy's POV

After Mia had taken off running and I sent Vincent after her, I walked over to stand before Jace. Vanessa had walked over to meet me halfway before we closed the distance between us and him.

"What did you do?" I asked him.

"What?" He looked at me with a confused expression and I had to resist the urge to slap him.

"We both saw you with Mia before she ran away. What did you do?" Vanessa almost yelled at him. I think we are going to get along just fine, I thought to myself before basically death-glaring Jace.

"I may or may not have kissed her."

"What?!" Vanessa and I both yelled at the same time.

"And I might have told her that I liked her..."

"Are you trying to mess everything up?" I hissed, bringing my hand up to smack the side of his head.

"I didn't think it was that big of a deal and ow. When did you start to hit so hard?"

"Not the point, Jace," Vanessa said. "I may be new here, but I can tell that Vincent really likes Mia and she likes him. I can also see how much Iz ships them, so I suggest that you stop trying to break them up. Unless you want Izzy to go all Shadowhunter on you."

"She could still pick me," Jace said, looking down.

I was going to slap him again when I saw Vanessa beat me to it. I started to smile a little, thinking about how well we would get along, but stopped before Jace could see it.

"Don't be breaking up my Via, Jace. I love you, but I will hurt you," I said, pointing at him.

He nodded his head, hand rubbing the back of his head. Seeing Tessa, Will, and Jem talking by the stairs, I glared at Jace once more before making my way over to them.

"Hey guys. Tess and Will, could I ask you to do something for me?"

They nodded their heads as I smiled at Jem before he walked away.

"What's up?" Tessa asked.

"Could you guys go and talk to Mia and Vincent? I'm sure they could use some advice."

"Sure," Will said at the same time that Tessa said, "Of course." I saw them smile a little before looking back at me.

"Thank you. Vincent should be in his room and Mia is probably in the training room."

They nodded again before walking up the stairs and out of the room. I took a deep breath and felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I put my hands over theirs and leaned my head against his chest.

"Everything alright?" I heard Simon ask.

"Yeah..." I trailed off, sighing.

" I know it's not. What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" he asked, turning me around to face him.

"It's just...I feel like this is turning into the whole Clace thing again. I don't want that to ever happen again. I saw how it affected them and all of us and I don't think I can go through that again."

"I know, Iz. I don't either, but we have to let them work it out themselves."

"I know, I know. Why do you have to be right?"

We both laughed and I gave him a quick kiss before pulling away and walking back to the dance floor. What? I'm not one to waste a party.
***********************************
Hey guys. I know this chapter was short, but I wanted to get in some Izzy time and something that I promised @BibliophilicFangirl (the slapping scene). Hope you guys still liked it. And I don't plan on breaking up Jessa, just a FYI.

Questions:

1) Thoughts on the slapping scene?

2) Small Sizzy scene: what did you think?

3) Other ideas/comments/character POV's/new characters/random comments?

Thank you all so much for getting me so many reads, votes, and comments. I love reading all of your comments and I do read them all. I love you all so much that words can't even express it.
-blackwolves16 (aka Megan)