Chapter 13

Isabelle's POV

When we got back from another boring day of demon hunting, I saw that Clary was already running off up the stairs. I could tell that the others were confused, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. I mean, we're girls. We do unexpected things all the time. I told Jace and Alec that I was going to go to my room to take a quick shower and then call Kat. We and the pack have been really good friends for as long as I can remember. We've fought together. We've dealt with loss together. We even go out, all of us, on Friday nights. And this Friday was going to be no different.

So, I went back to my room and started to put all of my weapons away. Most shadowhunters would leave all of their weapons in the actual weapons room, but I like my weapons very much and I would prefer it if no one but myself touched them. Especially my whip. If someone touched my whip...you don't want to know what I would do to them. That is why my whip is the only thing that stays as close to me as possible wherever I go. The cool part is that is acts like a bracelet so it goes with all of my clothes.

After I finished putting all of the weapons away, which took a good two minutes, I went to my bathroom to take a shower. When I finished, I went over to my closet to pick out the best clubbing outfit that I had. Let's see here, I thought to myself. What outfit says I'm taken, but still love to party? Ah...this one. I pulled out a knee length black dress with a really low back and a pair of knee-high, black, high-heeled boots. The dress also showed a little bit of cleavage, but not too much. As I said before, I'm taken. Simon will like this. Speaking of, I have to call him to make sure that he's still going.

And, with that, I walked over to my makeup stand where I had left my phone and picked it up, scrolling through my contacts until I reached Simon's name. While I was pressing call, I started to look through all of my makeup for the perfect combination.

"Hey, beautiful. What's up?"

"Hey, Simon," I responded. "I was just checking to see if you were still going to the club with us tonight."

"Hmm...I may have to think about that..."

"Simon!" I said, trying to hold in my laughter.

"Alright, alright. I'm going. Meet outside the Institute at the normal time?"

"Yep. I'll see you later."

"See you soon love."

At this, I giggled a little and replied, "See you soon baby." When I hung up, I could not stop myself from smiling. Simon is, like, the best boyfriend a girl could ask for. He is so kind, sweet, and he understands me completely. I didn't know about him at first, but the more time I spent with him, the more I fell in love with him. I thought that it was going to be awkward, what with Simon being Clary's best friend, but she was totally cool with it. I'm so happy that I have both of them in my life. I don't know what I would have done without them.

Five minutes later, my makeup was complete and I was in the process of calling Kat when I heard someone run past my room. I didn't know who it was and I really didn't care. I couldn't wait to see Kat again. We are, literally, best friends.

"Yes, Izzy. We are still on for tonight. Same time, same place. And, by the way, I'm bringing someone new. She just got here. I thought that she should have a chance to meet everyone. That's okay, right? Good, I'll see soon. Gotta go. Helping the new girl with her makeup. Bye bye."

"She hung up. I don't know why that still surprises me," I said to myself as I looked towards the clock on my bedside table. "Hope everyone's ready." I wrapped my whip around my wrist before taking one last look at myself in the mirror. Satisfied, I made my way out of my room and down the hall towards Clary's room to help her pick out an outfit.
***********************************
Hey wonderful readers. Music video:makes sense soon. Questions:

1) What do you think of the story?

2) What do you think should happen when they get to Pandemonium?

3) Sizzy: yes or no?

Thank you for reading. Vote, comment, message, read, and anything else you would like to do.