Chapter 62

Vincent's POV

After I left Mia with Jace, I did go and try to find Tessa. I found her talking to Izzy and walked over, even though my mind was telling me I shouldn't have left her with him. I could tell he still likes her and I hate it. I made the mistake of turning my head during a break in the conversation and saw Jace stumble backwards. Seconds later, my gaze followed Mia as she ran to the stairs and out of the room. I looked over at Jace and saw him looking after her. The only thing holding me back from punching him in front of everyone was Izzy telling me to go and try to find Mia. I took off, after shooting a death glare Jace's way, to try to get her to stop and talk to me.

Mia! I yelled.

Don't, was her only reply.

I was going to try to respond when it suddenly got really quiet. Mia...Mia! Damn it! I thought as I slowed down my pace until I stopped. How did she figure out how to block her thoughts? Damn it!

I took a few deep breaths to stop myself from turning into my wolf and looked at where I was. Luckily, I was by Izzy's room which was a little ways away from mine. I continued walking until I reached my room where I opened the door and slammed it shut behind me. I ended up banging the back of my head against the door before I slid down to the floor, my back still against the door. I know everyone probably thinks that I'm an extremely over-protective boyfriend and I guess I am...but I have my reasons. If only I could tell her about her past...it would all make sense.

I banged my head against the door one last time before closing my eyes. Knowing Izzy, she's probably yelling at Jace right now. There are two main things I know about Izzy: she's very protective over the people that she considers family and she doesn't let anyone mess with the ships she created. The thought of her yelling at Jace made me smile for a moment before an idea popped into my mind. I opened my eyes and stared at the bookcase on the other side of the room. The former alpha had given me books about werewolves before he passed. There might be something in one of them about breaking someone else's barrier, I thought to myself before getting up and walking over to look through them. I picked one up that looked like it might have something be of use and walked over to my bed to read it.

"Hey."

I jumped as I looked up to see Will standing in front of me.

"Sorry about that, didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine," I said, putting the book down on my bed. "Not to be rude or anything, but why are you here?"

"Figured since Tess was talking to Mia, I could try to help you out."

"Okay. What advice do you have for me?" I asked, patting the spot on the bed next to where I had sat down.

"You remember back to when I told you about the whole thing with Tess, Jem, and I, right?" When I nodded my head, he continued. "Well, what I learned from that whole...experience was to give Tessa some space. After many failed attempts to make her fall for me, I realized that she would either come to me on her own or not. I wasn't helping her in any way by trying to prove anything to her. If what happened hadn't happened and she ended up picking Jem, I knew I would have been disappointed, but I knew I wanted her to be happy, with or without me. I know that you love her and I know that she knows that, too, but it isn't always about you. You have to let her choose her own path and be ready to be there for her, whether as a boyfriend or just a friend. Girls can be complicated, but sometimes they just need a friend to be there for them no matter what. Show her that you care enough to back away, if that's what she wants, and she will thank you for it."

When Will finished talking, he looked at me out of the corner of his eye. I let his words sink in a little more before I opened my mouth to respond. "Thank you, Will. I really appreciate the advice. I do have one question, though."

"Shoot," he said, turning to fully look at me.

"Now that you're back for...however long it is that you're back...how does it feel to see Tessa with Jem?"

Will was silent for a moment. "Well, to be honest with you, I never really stopped thinking about her. I am happy for her because she found a guy that can give her more than I could, but I don't think you ever fully get over something like this. I still miss her and I still wish that I didn't die so that I could be with her, but I am slowly starting to accept the fact that she isn't mine anymore. The feeling doesn't go away completely, but it does get easier to deal with. Did that answer your question at all?"

I laughed a little. "Yeah, it did. Thanks."

"No problem. Now, I must go and try to help get Jace away from Izzy before she goes even more ballistic on him. Besides, you have company coming any minute now."

"Thank you again, Will. It's good to have you back."

"It's good to be back," he replied before standing up and walking out of my room. I took a deep breath before picking the book up and starting to flip through the pages. I jumped a little again when I heard a soft knocking on my door. I got up and walked over to the door, taking another deep breath before opening it. When I did, I was shocked at first, but then excitement soon set in when I saw who it was.

"Hey, Vincent."
***********************************
Hey guys. I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. I love being able to write advice that I think these characters would say.

Questions:

1) It's kind of obvious, but who do you think is at the door?

2) What do you think about the advice Will gave Vincent?

3) Character ideas? Story ideas? Random comments?

Thank you all for reading this story. I truly love all of you.
-blackwolves16 (aka Megan)