Chapter 35

Vincent's POV

After Jace left, I started to make my way towards the door, but stopped when I heard Magnus call my name. When I turned around to look at him, I saw the tiredness and sadness that he had been trying to hide from all of us plastered on his face.

"Magnus. What's wrong?"

"Sit," was the only thing he said as he sat back down in his seat and let out a huge sigh. Nervous, I sat down next to him and waited for him to talk.

"Tessa came to me yesterday and she said that there are two other people that can do what Mia does."

"Yeah. I'm one of them. I've known that for a long time."

"But do you know who the other person is?"

I thought about it for a second. Letting out a sigh of my own, I said, "Tessa."

"Exactly. I don't know what to do. I've been up since I found out trying to find a way to protect them both. I know that Tessa is protected, but I don't know anything about Gray."

"Magnus," I said. He looked at me and I tried to give him an encouraging smile. He tried to smile back, but I could tell that he was only doing it for me. "We will work this out. If you want, I can call Jem and see what he thinks that we should do."

Magnus nodded his head. "Thank you."

"Anytime. Why don't you go rest? I've got it from here."

"Are you sure?" When I nodded my head, Magnus stood up and started to walk towards the door. "Thank you, Vincent."

I nodded my head and waved to him. He waved back and continued to walk out the door. When he was gone, I got up and moved to the other end of the table where the phone was. I picked it up and dialed Jem's number. Don't ask how I knew it or why Jem has a phone. I have no idea what the answer to either of those questions is.

"Hello?"

"Jem? It's Vincent. We need your help."

"Alright. How soon do you need me?"

"As soon as you can get here."

"Alright. I will leave right away. Expect me sometime tomorrow."

"Alright. Thank you Jem."

"No problem. And get some sleep. If you are calling me, that cannot mean anything good is happening, so you will need your rest."

I laughed and said, "I will. Thank you again, Jem."

"No problem." After we had both hung up, I smiled to myself. Jem could always find a way to make anyone feel better, no matter what was happening. I could see why Tessa liked him so much. The only one that she ever liked more was Will. When Will died, we were all devastated. Will was the best friend that everyone could ask for, other than Jem of course.

I snapped myself out of my thoughts. I thought that I would check in on Mia and then the pack before I went to bed.

Mia?

Hey Vincent. Now's not really a good time.

Why? What's wrong? Is anyone hurt? What's going on? Are you okay?

Vincent, calm down. Everything's fine. We're just talking about...girl stuff.

Say no more. I'll talk to you tomorrow, okay?

Okay. Goodnight, Vince.

Goodnight, Mia.

Next, I picked up the phone and dialed the number to the pack's hideout. It only rang two times before I heard someone pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Kat. I just wanted to update you. We will be staying at the Institute for a little while. Can you hold down the fort until I can come and check up?"

"No problem. Thanks for letting us know."

"Thanks. I'll tell you more when I see you."

"Okay. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I put the phone back and looked around the library to make sure that everything was in place. I nodded my head and made my way towards my room. I heard some talking when I passed one of the doors and I was going to stop to see what they were talking about, but stopped when I saw that it was Izzy's room. I started to walk faster so that the girls didn't catch me standing outside the room.

When I got to my room, I changed and hopped into bed. I spent some time just staring up at the ceiling, thinking about everything that has happened. It's hard to believe that all of this only happened in the course of one day. I met Mia. We fought demons. We found out about another villain that wants power. And to top it all off...I think I fell in love.
***********************************
Hey guys. I don't know whether or not this was a very good ending or a very bad ending. I, as the author, don't even know what I just did.

The picture is my new cover. The amazing, beautiful, and talented TessaWayland created it. I don't know how she does what she does, but it's amazing. I hope that you guys all like it.

Questions:

1) What do you think about the ending?

2) What do you think about me bringing Tessa and Jem into the story?

3) Any other Cassandra Clare characters or any other characters that you want to see in here?

4) What did you think about the two people that have the same powers as Mia? I know a lot of you thought Clary, but what do you think now that you know?

5) Any questions for me? Character ideas? Ideas in general?

Also, I'm thinking about doing a question and answer section. What do you guys think?

Thank you all so much for all of your love and support.
- blackwolves16