Chapter 47

Pic: That be me at my junior prom. Next update will have a pic of my corsage. Comment on what you think of the pic.
**********************************
Mia's POV

"You and Vincent cannot be together."

"What?!"

"You and Vincent-"

"I know what you said," I said, harshly. "I'm confused, not deaf. Why? And it better be a damn good reason."

I felt my eyesight getting clearer with every word I spoke. Remembering the first time this happened, I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. When I opened my eyes back up, I fixed them on Jem. He looked back at me with the same look as before like he had seen things like this so many times before that it didn't come as a surprise.

"The powers that you both possess have not been seen for centuries. No one knows the full extent of the powers and we have no idea what could happen if two people with the powers that you and Vincent possess were together. I am only telling you this because I am trying to protect everyone: you, Vincent, and everyone else here."

I had to agree with Jem. I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me. But it also hurt knowing that I can't be with the one I love because of something that not even a warlock or Silent Brother could explain.

"Oh," was all I could mutter without breaking down into tears. I had always promised myself that I would never cry in front of anyone. That was the one thing that I remembered about my life before I came here. I was raised to be strong and not show that I was weak by crying.

Jem went to say something, but I just held up a hand and started to back away down the hallway. When I was around the corner and I could no longer see him, I broke into a run, a few tears slipping down my cheeks. I brushed them away quickly and picked up my pace. I soon passed the door to the library and slowed down when I saw Vincent and Tessa. When I saw him looking in my direction, I picked up my pace and ran faster than before, slowing down only when I got to a dead end. I saw that I had stopped before a set of doors leading to the greenhouse. Without thinking, I threw them open, ran inside, and to the top of the spiral staircase in the middle of the room where I collapsed. I couldn't hold in the tears anymore and just let them start to flow freely as I buried my face in my hands.

Why me? I thought to myself. Why did all of this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I have just been normal? Why did I have to meet Vincent? Maybe if I didn't, all of this could have been avoided. But then I wouldn't have fallen for him. Why does life have to be so confusing?

All of the stress and events from the past day came flooding back. It was hard for me to comprehend that all of this had just happened in one day. I still had yet to have any sleep and only felt more tired and confused the more I cried. Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my shaking body. I immediately stiffened and went to wipe my face, but a hand beat me to it. It carefully wiped my face and went to cup my chin and turn my head. I gasped when I saw who it was and held back more tears that threatened to fall.

"Vincent? Why are you here?"

"I know what Jem told you. Tessa told me the same thing. But, if you want my opinion, I don't believe it."

"I don't want to believe it, either. But, if what Jem told me is true, do you really want to risk the safety of everyone here?"

Vincent was quiet for a minute. Then, he said something that almost made the tears start falling freely again. "So, are you trying to say that you don't want to be with me?"

"I never said that."

"But you never denied it."

I bit my lip, trying to take my mind off of the feeling of tears threatening to fall. "Vincent, I do have feelings for you. I really, truly do."

"Then why do you keep saying everything like you are breaking up with me?"

At this, the tears that I had been holding in started to flow as I put my head in my hands. I had never been in love before and having this come in the way of that, literally broke my heart.  After a few seconds, something that he said stopped the tears from flowing long enough for me to question it. Wait, did he just say 'break up'?

I heard Vincent mumble, "Shit," as I stood up and turned around.

"Vincent, is there something you're not telling me?"

He sighed and went to take my hand, but I quickly pulled it away. He nodded his head a little and cleared his throat. "Okay. I guess I deserved that. Um...I don't really know how to tell you this. But...um...before you came here...we...um...knew each other."

"Come again," I said, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh, boy...um...we dated before you came here."
***********************************
Hey guys. I know, I know. I cried while writing this, yet again. I don't really know what to say to you guys. I don't mean to make you cry, but it's all part of the larger plot that I have in the works.

Questions:

1) Thoughts on the chapter?

2) What do you think about the reason that Via can't be together?

3) Thoughts on the conversation between Vincent and Mia?

4) Did you expect the second surprise about them dating before all of this happened?

5) What do you think is going to happen next?

6) Questions for the "Ask the Characters" section?

7) Ideas for the rest of the story? New character ideas? Any character's POV that you want to see more of?

Thank you all for reading and sticking with me even when I kill you and make you cry.
-blackwolves16