Chapter 58

Video: Angel by Cody Simpson (don't know if it works; if not, look it up on youtube)
*long chapter because of two song lyrics*
**********************************
Mia's POV

When Vincent walked up to the stage, he took the microphone and looked directly at me.

"Hello everyone. My name is Vincent and I will be singing Angel. I don't think that it really needs an explanation, but I'll tell you guys after if some of you still don't get it."

Everyone laughed and I smiled at him before Izzy started the music.

Angel by Cody Simpson (I don't own these lyrics)

My angel,
How'd you get to be so fly?
How'd you get to shine so bright, girl?
How'd you get to look like that?
Heaven, don't you call her back, yeah

Halo, halo, I'm not sayin' hi,
Baby, there's a ring above your head,
And it shines so bright in the sunlight, in the sunlight
Ayo, ayo, this is like a dream
Every bit of you ‒ it makes me weak,
How did I get here?
In the sunlight, in the sun..?

I must be in heaven, 'cause I'm lookin' at an angel
Who's starin' back at me, her eyes so heavenly.
I must be in heaven, 'cause I'm lookin' at an angel
There's no one on this earth that's made this beautiful
I must be in heaven.

Angel...

Here we are, looking at the stars
I can hear, the beating of your heart,
I could listen to this song forever
You're the breeze, cruising down the coast
You're the jam, baby, I'm the toast,
It's so sweet when we're together

And if I ruled the world I'd name an island for ya,
Yeah, you can tell all your girls I named an island for you,

I must be in heaven, 'cause I'm lookin' at an angel
Who's starin' back at me, her eyes so heavenly.
I must be in heaven, 'cause I'm lookin' at an angel
There's no one on this earth that's made this beautiful
I must be in heaven.

Halo, halo, I'm not sayin' hi
Baby, there's a ring above your head,
And it shines so bright in the moonlight, in the moonlight

My angel,
How'd you get to be so fly?
How'd you get to shine so bright?
Girl, how'd you get to look like that, tell me?
Please, heaven don't you call her back.

My angel,
My angel.

When he finished, I was smiling and I could tell that my cheeks were a little red (okay, maybe a lot red). He walked over to me and handed the microphone to Izzy who winked at me before going back to center stage. Vincent kissed the top of my head when he got back. I looked up at him and he just smiled before looking back at Izzy.

"Thank you Vincent. Now, we have a special treat for you all. Jem and Will will be playing a song for you."

Jem and Will walked up, Jem picking up a violin and Will walking over to the piano.

"Hello everyone. I'm Will and this is Jem. We are going to be playing one of our favorite songs for you. There really is no actual reason for this composition, but feel free to grab a partner and slow dance if you would like."

They started playing and it was one of the most beautiful things I had ever heard. I was snapped out of my daze by Vincent reaching out his hand to me.

"Would you care to dance?"

I looked around and saw that Izzy was dancing with Simon, Magnus was dancing with Alec, and the girls had all paired up and were giggling as they danced with each other. I looked back at Vincent and took his hand. He pulled me up and lead me a little ways away from my chair. He pulled me closer to him before putting his hands on my hips. I put my arms around his neck and we started to simply sway side to side. I leaned my head on his chest as he put his on the top of mine. I happened to look to the side and saw Clary looking our way. I mouthed "ask him" to her and saw her look quickly towards Jace. She looked back at me and I nodded. I saw her take a deep breath and walk over to where Jace was standing.