Chapter 39

Mia's POV

After Jace left, I found myself wandering the Institute. I couldn't stop thinking about what had just happened. I could still feel Jace's lips on mine. To distract myself, I started to hum one of my favorite songs. Whenever I get nervous or I just need to get my mind off of something, I always listen to and sing along to music. Music was like an escape from the real world. As I got further along in the song, my humming increased to a soft singing.

Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson
*A/N: I do not own the lyrics*

Miss Independent
Miss Self-Sufficient
Miss Keep-Your-Distance
Miss Unafraid
Miss Out-Of-My-Way
Miss Don't-Let-A-Man-Interfere, no
Miss On-Her-Own
Miss Almost-Grown
Miss Never-Let-A-Man-Help-Her-Off-Her-Throne
So, by keeping her heart protected
She'd never ever feel rejected
Little miss apprehensive
Said ooh, she fell in love

What is this feelin' takin' over?
Thinkin' no one could open my door
Surprise! It's time
To feel what's real
What happened to Miss Independent?
No more the need to be defensive
Goodbye, old you
When love is true

Miss Guarded-Heart
Miss Play-It-Smart
Miss If-You-Want-To-Use-That-Line-You-Better-Not-Start, no
But she miscalculated
She didn't want to end up jaded
And this Miss decided not to miss out on true love
So, by changing her misconceptions
She went in a new direction
And found inside she felt a connection
She fell in love.

What is this feelin' takin' over?
Thinkin' no one could open the door (open the door)
Surprise! It's time (yeah)
To feel what's real (to feel what's real)
What happened to Miss Independent?
No longer need to be defensive
Goodbye (goodbye), old you (old you)
When love is true (when love is true)

When Miss Independent walked away
No time for love that came her way
She looked in the mirror and thought today
What happened to Miss No-Longer-Afraid?
It took some time for her to see
How beautiful love could truly be
No more talk of why can't that be me
I'm so glad I finally see...

What is this feelin' takin' over?
Thinkin' no one could open the door
Surprise (surprise), it's time (yeah)
To feel (to feel) what's real
What happened to Miss Independent?
No longer need to be defensive
Goodbye (goodbye), old you
When love, when love is true...

When I had finished, I realized that I had stopped in front of a set of glass doors. I curiously glanced inside and saw that it was a greenhouse. I heard myself let out a soft gasp. I opened the door and slowly walked inside. This greenhouse was like nothing I had ever seen before. As I walked past some of the flowers, I bent down so that I could smell them. The scent was like nothing I had ever smelt before and was only amplified by my new-found wolf senses. I stood up with a smile on my face and started to wander further into the greenhouse. When I got to the staircase in the middle of the room, I stopped and looked around, admiring everything that I saw.

Hey, gorgeous. Look up.

I looked up and laughed when I saw who was standing at the top of the staircase.

"Hey, Vincent," I said, as I made my way up the stairs.

"Hey," he replied when I reached the top. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you to same question."

Vincent laughed. "I couldn't sleep, so I ended up here."

"Same," I replied. I turned around and looked out over the amazing diversity of plant life. "It's so beautiful here. I can't believe this room can hold so many plants."

"Yeah. I didn't believe it either when I first saw it. Now, I just come for the peacefulness."

I looked over at Vincent. He was turned around the same way that I was. His blue eyes reflected the plants around him. They looked even more beautiful than before.

"What are you staring at?"

"Oh, um, nothing."

"Right," he replied. I could hear the smirk in his voice and I felt myself blush. "Then why are you blushing?"

I turned towards him and started to laugh. When I stopped, something in my mind clicked and I noticed how close we actually were. I almost started to blush, but I looked down and saw that Vincent's hand was on my own. I looked at Vincent and saw that he was looking at me as well. I swallowed and felt my gaze move from his eyes to his lips back to his eyes.

Vincent started to lean in and I rose to meet him. Our lips connected and it was like nothing I have ever felt. There were sparks that I didn't feel when Jace kissed me. Sure, I felt something for him, but it wasn't like what I felt for Vincent. It was like I was meant to find him. Like we were meant to be together.

When Vincent pulled away, I opened my eyes to look deeply into his blue ones. "I...I'm sorry."

I smiled and reached to put my arms around his neck. "Don't be," I replied as I stood up on my tip toes to kiss him again. He was a little shocked at first, but I felt him relax as he started to kiss me back. Suddenly, I heard a loud ringing echo throughout the building. We broke away and Vincent looked just about as confused as I did.

"What was that?" I asked.

"The doorbell. I wonder who could be at the door at this hour?"

Suddenly, I heard a high-pitched scream. "Jace! Alec! Vincent! Help!"

We looked at each other before starting to sprint down the stairs, out of the greenhouse, and towards the front door.

***********************************
Hey guys. I had this scene planned for a while. I loved writing this so much. Via is awesome and I wanted to get in some Via time. I hope that you guys liked it as well. The video is Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson and the picture is what Robyn looks like.

Questions:

1) Favorite ship?

2) Favorite character?

3) Character ideas? Ideas for the rest of the story?

4) Via: yes or no?

5) Questions for the Q&A section?

Thank you all for reading and for your support.
-blackwolves16

P.S. I'm thinking about creating a Kik account specifically for Wattpad. What do you guys think? Also, would you guys like to know my email so that you can email me ideas or just talk? These are all up to my readers, so comment it up! Love you all :)