Chapter 66

Video: See You Again by Charlie Puth and Wiz Khalifa
**********************************
Mia's POV

After Vincent and I left his room, we started to walk down the hallway. We got about halfway down it when a noise behind us caused me to stop and turn around. As soon as I did, something grabbed my arm and pulled me towards it. I screamed, not knowing who it was, and felt my nails start to get longer. A sharp pain made me growl and put my hand on my neck. When I pulled my hand away, it had a mixture of dark red and black blood on it. I turned around and came face to face with someone in all black and a hood covering their face. I heard Vincent say something, but I couldn't make out what it was. I was too focused on the person in front of me. My vision started to grow clearer and I could tell that my eyes were changing into my wolf eyes. Almost as soon as they had changed, my vision got really blurry and I started to feel dizzy. The last thing I saw before my vision went black was Jace and Izzy coming around the corner. I slumped to the ground and felt someone pick me up before my mind was taken over by a really strange dream.

----

I was standing in the middle of this large ballroom. I looked up at the cathedral-like roof and then at the intricate stained-glass windows on the walls all around me. The floor was a beautiful polished wood. While I was looking down, I saw that I was wearing a short black dress that was skin tight and black knee-high, high-heeled boots. My head snapped up when I felt a presence behind me. When I turned around, I was greeted with the sight of the same cloaked person that grabbed me. A low growl escaped my lips. I took a step forward, but the thing/person was already in front of me. I gasped and tried to back away, but it grabbed my arm again and pressed something to my lips. I tried to turn my head away, but nails dug into my arm, causing me to open my mouth to yelp in pain. The thing took this time to pour the contents of the glass down my throat.

I gagged and turned my head away. The thing let go of me and I fell to the ground. I looked up in time to see the thing take off its hood and look down at me. It was human and male, but his eyes were black. His hands looked normal, but had claw-like nails.

"Hello, Mia."

"How do you know my name and what did you make me drink?"

The man laughed. "Straight to the questions. Not even a hello first." When I glared at him, he sighed and continued talking. "I am a demon, hence the black eyes. I've been around for way longer than you have, so I know everyone. As for the second question, blood. My blood, to be exact. It'll slowly start to turn you into a demon, from the inside out. It's also what I shot into you at the Institute."

My eyes widened a little bit at the mention of blood, but I composed myself before he could see it. My throat had started to burn a little, so I swallowed before I responded to him. "Why do you want to turn me into a demon?"

"Isn't it obvious? Because of your powers. There is a lot more power hidden inside of you than you know and the demon blood will help bring that out."

I looked down and took a deep breath before I asked the one question that I was pretty sure he knew I was going to ask. "Who are you?"

"In my world, I am referred to as Princeps Daemonium Cinereo. That roughly translates from Latin to gray demon prince. In your world, I am better know as Gray. I suppose you've heard of me."

The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't figure out where I had heard it before. I was snapped back to my senses by the burning in my throat. I opened my mouth, but Gray noticed before I could try to say anything.

"The burning will go away soon enough. For now, you should get some sleep. I'll be seeing you again when you wake up. Welcome to the team."

I was about to question what he meant when he disappeared and I was left alone in the ballroom. My eyesight started to get blurry again, so I closed my eyes and laid down on the wooden floor. Sleep soon overtook me, distracting me from what had happened and what would be waiting for me when I woke up.
***********************************
Hey guys. Sorry, but I've been wanting to write this for a long time. Yeah...I had this planned for a few chapters now, but I didn't know exactly how to do it, so here we go. I actually like it and I can't wait to see what I do with this new Mia.

Questions:

1) What did you think about this chapter?

2) Did you see that coming?

3) What did you think about the dream that Mia had?

Thank you all for reading. I love you all.
-blackwolves16 (aka Megan)