Chapter 71

Video: Doing It Right by Jack (Johnson) and Jack (Gilinsky) (don't judge me for being obsessed with MAGCON)
**********************************
Mia's POV

"Ha!"

I was practicing my fighting with Tyler, who had become one of my best friends in the week that I have been here. Gray has been kind to me ever since my change and has helped me with mastering my new powers. Kat has been a little distant, but I haven't really cared. Currently, Tyler and I were practicing fighting and I had just pinned him to the ground...again. He was breathing heavily while I was just smiling down at him.

"I win again," I said, still smiling as I stood up and offered him my hand.

He chuckled before taking it and standing up. "I can't help that I'm not as powerful as you. And I also can't help but feel like you're enjoying winning."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I guess I just like winning...especially when I can beat a boy."

We both laughed before Tyler walked over to the weapons wall and took off a bow and some arrows. He walked back over to me and handed them to me.

"Gray told me to have you practice a lot with these, even though I know you're already amazing with them."

"Well, I wouldn't say amazing. I'm only good from the ground. I've never tried shooting from up above. Throwing knives I can do. Shooting a bow and arrow, not so sure."

"Well, we'll just have to fix that, won't we?"

I smiled at him as he walked over to the ladder next to the door. He set it up and motioned for me to climb to the top. I put the bow on my back and the arrows in the quiver Tyler handed to me. I smiled at him again before beginning to climb up. When I reached the top, I looked down to see Tyler a few steps below me. He had a computer looking thing in his hands.

"What now?" I asked him.

"Now we teach you how to shoot from a height starting with a stationary target and then a moving one."

I nodded my head and watched as he pressed different buttons. He looked up and I looked behind me to see hologram people standing in different places around the room. I took a deep breath before nocking an arrow and aiming it at the farthest person. Another deep breath and a little refocusing later, the first hologram disappeared and the arrow was lodged in the center of a target board. I smiled before taking another arrow, nocking it, and focusing it on another person. Five minutes later, all of the holograms had disappeared and all of the arrow were in the centers of the targets. I smiled again before turning around to sit on the top rung of the ladder and face Tyler.

"Are you completely sure you've never shot from a height before?"

"Positive. The only training I've ever done with a bow and arrow was on the ground with targets, not holograms."

"Well, you're already amazing at stationary targets. Let's try moving ones. I'll start you off with one at a time and then slowly increase."

"Sounds fun."

Tyler chuckled and pressed more buttons as I nocked yet another arrow. As soon as a hologram popped up, I tried to figure out how to shoot it.

"Here's a tip: try aiming a little ahead of the target."

I took that advice and aimed slightly ahead of the hologram, letting the arrow go not too long after. Much to my surprise, it worked and the arrow was now in the board with no hologram to be seen.

"I can't believe I actually did that."

"Told you you could."

I turned my head around to see Tyler smiling at me. I smiled back and was just about to ask him to get another one set up when the sound of the door opening made us snap our heads in that direction. Tyler started making his way back down the ladder as I put the bow back on my back and jumped down. When we both hit the ground, we walked to meet the person that had just walked into the room. We bowed when we were in front of him.

"Please, you do not need to bow to me. You two are my best warriors. People should be bowing to you."

We both straightened up and smiled at the complement.

"I was just helping Mia with her bow and arrow skills, which she has shown she does not really need."

I turned my head to look at Tyler and smiled. "Well, you did just help me with shooting moving targets which I never did before, so I kind of did need help."

"I would be happy to see your progress one of these days. As for right now, I need to spend a little one-on-one time with Mia. There is something that I need to train her on."

Tyler nodded his head and turned towards me. "If you want someone to help you with your fighting, you know where to find me."

I nodded my head and smiled as he turned around and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him. With the smile still on my face, I turned around and walked to the weapons wall to put the bow and arrows away.

"You and Tyler have gotten pretty friendly."

I stopped for a split second when I heard that before resuming what I was doing. I heard the ladder dragging across the floor and guessed that Gray was putting the ladder back up against the wall. "Yeah, I guess so. He has been one of the few that has been really kind to me since I have been here, so we have become friends because of that."

"I am glad that you are making friends, but I would be careful who you trust with certain information. Even here we can have rats and I do not want you to have your trust broken by someone you thought you could trust."

I turned around to find Gray already looking at me. "The one thing that I remember about my past is that I was pretty good with choosing who to trust and who not to. I like to believe that I am a pretty good judge of character, so I will make sure to judge before I talk."

"Good to hear. Now, to what I actually came here to teach you."

"And what would that be?" I asked.

"How to control the demon wolf."
***********************************
I'm back, at least for right now. I'm sorry that I haven't updated sooner, but senior year and college stuff has kept me so busy and stressed out that I haven't really been in the writing mood. I can't really promise that I'll be back for good or when I will update next, but I can promise you guys that I will only update when I feel like I have something really good to share with you.

Questions:

1) What do you think about Tyler? (he's Kat's brother if you didn't remember)

2) Should Tyler become part of Mia's love life?

3) How do you think training with Gray is going to go?

4) What do you guys think that the others at the Institute have been doing?

5) What do you think about the new evil Mia? (In all honesty, I kind of really like her)

6) Any questions for the Ask the Characters 2 section? (They can be for any of the characters in this book or for me)

Thank you all so so so so much for reading and sticking with me throughout all of this. Also, don't forget to draw the lines on your wrist on December 2nd. The colors are still in the section titled On December 2nd... Thank you so much for all of your support.
- blackwolves16 (aka Megan)