Chapter 50

Mia's POV

When the door to the library opened, I saw everyone standing around a slightly shimmering person. I had no clue who it was, but I was too used to being confused and I figured I'd find out soon enough. I saw Izzy and Tessa staring at the person, Tessa a little more in awe.

"Hey Tess. Miss me?"

"W...Will?! How are you here?"

So this was the famous Will I heard about. Wait, I thought to myself. I thought Vince told me he was dead?

He is. I'm guessing he is using some teleportation thing to be here. Also, Vince?

I smiled and thought back, Makes sense. And you'll have to get used to it. Since we're dating, I get to give you a nickname.

Can I give you one?

I don't know what you could get a nickname out of. My name is too short.

Hm...let's see. I could call you...baby, angel, princess, Mia-bear. I could go on and on.

I had to stifle a laugh. Alright. Go ahead and call me anything you want. Just be prepared for a nickname war that I have Izzy on my side for.

By the angel, what have I just started?

Vincent reached down and took my hand as I smiled. We started to walk down the stairs towards where the group was standing. I saw Izzy look towards me and then down to our intertwined hands before she started to walk over to where we were now standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Are you two together?" she asked.

"Yep. I just asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes."

The smile on my face grew as I looked over at my...wait for it...boyfriend. It felt so good to be able to call him that.

"Yay!" Izzy said. "I totally ship it. The ship name shall be Via and you shall rule next to Malec and Clace when we get them back together."

Vincent and I laughed which got the attention of the new person. He started to make his way over to where we were.

"Ah, Vincent. It has been a while. I do not believe that I have had the pleasure of meeting your friend yet."

"It has been a long time and you don't have to be all formal around her; we have Jem for that."

At the sound of his name, Jem looked over at us. "It is true."

"See?" Vincent said to Will. "Anyways, this is Mia. She is new to all of this and my girlfriend. Mia, this is Will."

"Mia...Mia. Ah, yes. I know you. You're the one with the powers. It's nice to meet you."

"Hello Will. It's nice to meet you, too." I stretched out my hand to shake his. Surprisingly, when he reached out to take my hand, it did not go right through. Instead, he grasped my hand and shook it.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go talk to Tessa and Jem. Mia, we should talk more later."

And, with that, he walked away. I looked after him, wondering how any of that happened.

"You're probably really confused." When I simply nodded my head, Vincent jumped into his explanation. "Well, it started a long time ago. Jem, Will, and Tessa were all living at the London Institute. Will and Jem both loved Tessa and Tessa loved both of them. Tessa and Will got married, but Will ended up dying due to old age. Then, Jem came back as a Shadowhunter with Silent Brother capabilities. Tessa and Jem will live forever and, now, they are together. But, now that Will is here, I'm guessing that it's going to get really awkward really fast."

"Okay."

"Okay? You're not at all surprised?"

I looked over at Vincent and let out a dry laugh. "Nothing really surprises me at this point."

He laughed and leaned down to give me a quick kiss on the forehead. I sighed and gave his hand one quick squeeze before I walked over to talk to Izzy, who looked like she was really excited about something.

"Hey Izzy," I said, really slowly.

"Heyyyyyy," she replied, stretching it out for a long time. "So, you and Vincent, huh?"

I nodded and watched as a huge smile stretched across her face. She threw her arms around me and pulled me into a big hug. "I'm so happy for you guys. I just love love."

"That's the most girly thing I've ever heard you say," someone said as Izzy pulled away. I looked up to see Simon walk up behind her and put his arms around her waist.

"Shut up, Simon."

We laughed before a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I felt a kiss on my neck.

"You guys are so cute together."

I looked at Izzy and saw that she was staring at me and Vincent with the smile still plastered on her face.

"Thank you," I heard Vincent reply before taking my hand and leading me away from Izzy and Simon.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I have a surprise for you, but it's in my room. You don't mind, do you?"

"Well, I don't really like surprises..."

"You'll love this one, I promise."

I looked over at Vincent and saw that he had this goofy grin on his face. I laughed quietly to myself and focused on watching where I was walking.
***********************************
Hey guys. Can you believe that it's already chapter 50? This story has come so far and it's all because of you guys. Without all of the support that you guys have given me, I don't know what would have happened to this story.

Questions:

1) What do you think about this chapter?

2) Thoughts on me bringing Will into the story?

3) What do you think Vincent has planned?

4) Questions for the "Ask the Characters" section?

5) Hardest question: favorite ship? I want actual answers from all of you who comment, not idk.

Thank you all for your support and for reading as much as you have. Words can't express how thankful I am for everyone who has read this story. I love you all so much.
-blackwolves16