Chapter 83 - Part Two

Mia's POV

I jumped at the sound of his voice right behind me. Spinning around, I took a few steps back before glaring at him. "What could you possibly want?"

"Can we talk?"

"No."

"Mia-"

"Why should I talk to you when you'll probably just hide things from me again?"

"I was going to tell you, I promise."

"When? And don't you dare say when it came up in conversation."

"When we had time to just sit down and talk. That's kind of hard to do when you're being kidnapped and we're working on finding a way to take down a very powerful evil being."

"Which I could've been helping with if you didn't try so hard to keep me out of it."

"We don't know what Gray would do if he got you again, so keeping you out of it is the best way to keep you safe."

"You still should've told me that you knew about my parents."

"I know and I'm so sorry you found out the way you did."

"Are you really though?"

"What do you mean?"

"It might just be the alcohol talking, but me finding out this way is probably easier for you."

"And why might that be?"

"You didn't have to worry about finding time to tell me. Now that I know, it's one less thing for you to have to worry about and all of you guys can go back to focusing on whatever the hell it is that you're doing to stop Gray."

"I seriously didn't want you to find out the way you did. I wanted to tell you."

"I'm sure you did," I said, turning away from him.

"Would you at least come back to the Institute with me? Everyone's worried about you."

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to. I just want to be alone."

"So you came to a club?"

"Sue me for wanting to blow off steam."

"Yeah, you were definitely blowing off steam."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I saw you and Tyler."

"And?"

"Seriously?"

"We were dancing. That's what you do in a place where there's music playing."

"So I'm guessing kissing is something you do in those places too."

"Do you want me to apologize for that? Because I'm not going to."

"Wow."

"Wow what?"

"You kissed another guy and you won't even attempt to make it better with your boyfriend?"

I spun around to face him. "Boyfriend? Seriously? Yeah, you've definitely been a great boyfriend."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Hiding important things about my parents from me kinda makes me question what else there is that you're hiding from me."

"I'm not hiding anything else! Why can't you just believe me?!"