Chapter 37

Magnus's POV

After my talk with Vincent, I started the walk back to the room that I shared with Alec when I stayed at the Institute. I couldn't stop thinking about Tessa, Vincent, and Mia. How was I going to protect all of them? I had been researching and researching and I couldn't find anything that would be strong enough to protect them. Their powers were too strong to be protected by any normal spell.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that I had stopped in front of Alec and my room. I was about to open the door when it opened from the other side. I smiled when I saw Alec. These days, he was the only thing that kept me happy and kept me going.

"Magnus. Are you okay?"

I was about to say I was, but I knew that Alec would be able to see right through the lie. "No," I replied.

Alec pulled me into a tight hug. "It's okay. You can tell me anything. You know that, right?"

"I know."

Alec pulled away and I stepped into the room. He closed the door and, taking my hand, walked over to our bed. After we sat down, Alec waited for me to talk. That was one of the things that I loved about him. He never pushed me to talk, he listened when I wanted to, and was always there for me. I love him so much.

"Alec, for the first time, I have no idea what to do."

"About what?"

"Well, you know about Tess, Mia, and Vincent. Well, since they have these special powers, I'm trying to find a way to protect them."

I heard Alec sigh and he leaned his head on my shoulder. "Magnus, you don't have to do everything by yourself. We are all here for you."

I turned my head and kissed Alec on the forehead. "I know. It's just that I've always been the one protecting everybody else. I feel like it's my duty to protect all of you."

"Magnus," I heard Alec sigh. Next thing I knew, Alec had crushed his lips on mine. I wasted no time kissing him back. When he broke away, it was to say, "You are the best, most powerful warlock ever. Well, maybe expect for Tessa."

We both started laughing. It was amazing how easily Alec could make me forget all about my problems, even if it was just for a minute.

"You are something else, Alexander. I love you."

"I love you, too."

I pulled him in for another kiss, which, slowly, escalated into more. After that happened, we soon fell asleep. Little did we know, something big was planned for tomorrow.
***********************************
Hey guys. Sorry that this chapter was so short. I really wanted to get another update out today before school starts again and I wanted to put some Malec in here. Sadly, my birthday also happens to be tomorrow. I know that that's not something to be sad about, but it's on a Monday and my school got selected to pilot a new type of test and guess who got selected to take the math test? This girl, she says sarcastically. So, wish me luck.

Questions:

1) What did you guys think about the Malec moment?

2) What do you think is going to happen next?

3) Any questions for me for the Q&A section?

4) Ideas for the rest of the story? Any more character ideas? Any other character's point of views you want to see? Random comments?

Thank you guys so much for reading and for your support. Because of stupid school, I will not be updating as much as I would like. I just wanted to let you guys know. Thank you all for understanding.
-blackwolves16