Chapter 4

Third Person POV

What to do? What to do? Bree thought as she continued to pick up the mess that the girl left behind. "Robert will be super mad with me if he finds out..."

"What don't you want Robert finding out about?"

Bree jumped up as two men entered the room. "Chase, Roger. You scared me."

"Quit it. We know that you know about the new girl. What don't you want Robert to know about her?"

"You mean the fact that it was my fault that he was injured and that she is running around the compound who knows where?"

"We know where she is..." Chase trailed off.

"Wh...what?"

"Yeah. We just saw her. But, before we tell you where she is, you need to tell us something."

I knew there was a catch to this, Bree thought. "Alright, what do you want to know?"

Chase and Roger looked at each other. Then Roger said, "What exactly is Vincent researching? We know you know."

Bree looked startled. Then, with a wry smile, she said, "Why? Did Robert not tell you?"

"That's not important. Answer the question or you won't get to know where your precious experiment is."

"Well," Bree started. "If Robert didn't want you two to know, then I don't know if I have the clearance to tell you. Maybe you should go ask Robert..."

As Bree trailed off, Chase and Roger looked at each other. "Fine. Have it your way," Roger said as he and Chase started to walk back towards the door.