Chapter 85

Mia's POV

When I woke up, I groaned and buried my head in the pillow. After staying like that for a few minutes, I finally moved enough to look around the room. I didn't see Clary, but there was a change of clothes on the table I had put my knife on. Sitting up, I saw a note that I was guessing Clary left. Picking it up, I rubbed my eyes before reading it. "Mia, here's some clothes for you to change into when you get up. Feel free to come to the kitchen when you're ready. Left some food on the counter for you. Think V is in the training room. Good luck ~ Clary."

Taking a deep breath, I got out of bed and grabbed the clothes before heading to the bathroom to take a shower. I let the hot water run over me for a few minutes before actually washing up. When the water started to get cold, I turned it off and got out. I dried off, took a brush to my hair, and tied it up. Turning my attention to the clothes, I saw that Clary had gotten a pair of skinny jeans and a long-sleeved black shirt. Putting everything on, I took one last look in the mirror before walking back out into my room to find a pair of shoes to wear. I settled on a pair of combat boots before making my bed and heading out of my room to the kitchen.

I didn't run into anyone else on my way, which I was highly thankful for. Finding the kitchen was easy and there was a plate of food left on the counter like Clary had promised. I ate it in record time and washed the dish before preparing myself for the conversation I knew I had been procrastinating having. Turning down the hallway, I started walking to the training room. A thousand different things were running through my mind as I attempted to prepare myself as best as I could.

When I finally reached the doors, I saw that they were open a crack and slowly opened them enough to let myself in. My gaze immediately settled on Vincent in the center of the room. He was lining up a knife to the target in front of him and let it fly...watching as it missed its mark.

"Move your arm a little to the left."

I saw him jump a little at the sound of my voice before he turned around. "Thanks, I noticed I was off after I threw it."

I just nodded my head and bit my lip before gathering the courage I needed. "Vincent, I'm sorry. About literally everything. I feel bad about what I said and what I did and I know you're probably still insanely pissed at me and I don't blame you. Tessa talked to me when we got back and told me why you hadn't told me about it and I'm sorry that I blamed you for all of it. I know you're still mad about Tyler and I kissing and I wish I could say I regretted it, but I don't because it was what I wanted in the moment. I was buzzed and pissed and wanted something to distract me from everything that happened to me. I completely understand if you can't forgive me for all of this and I know I probably wouldn't if I was in your shoes, but I just needed you to know all of that and that fighting with you killed me and Clary had to deal with me crying because of it and I know I'm rambling and I'm sorry about that too...I'm just insanely sorry."

By this point, my gaze had drifted to the floor in front of me. I couldn't bear to look at him after I had literally said everything that had been on my mind since I woke up. I didn't realize that he had put the knives he was holding down and was making his way to me.

"I know you were buzzed and pissed, but I understand why you said everything you said. I haven't been the best boyfriend and I shouldn't have kept important information about your parents from you. I thought it was the best thing to do, as did Tessa and Jem. I'm not saying I still don't think it was a good idea, but I can see why you were mad at me for not telling you. I'm glad Tessa talked to you and you know why we did what we did. I hope now you can believe me when I say I was going to tell you as soon as I could."

"I do believe that now," I said, risking a glance up at his face. I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling in that moment.

"I hate fighting with you, too, which is why I'm here and have been for a long time. I figured throwing things at actual targets was more efficient than punching a wall. As for the kissing another guy situation, no I'm not mad at you. Am I mad at him for actually kissing you? Possibly, but I'm not mad at you for it. You had alcohol in your system and were pissed off at me, understandably so, and wanted to either distract yourself or get back at me."

When I saw his shoes inches away from mine, I looked up to find him staring down at me. I opened my mouth to say something, but he just shook his head. He took a step towards me, causing me to take one backwards. Never looking away from me, he kept moving until my back hit the training room wall. He leaned down and slowly brought his arms up to place his hands on the wall on either side of my head.

"Tell me again, why did you kiss him?"

"Alcohol and anger mixing together blurred my judgment."

"So those things clouded your judgment when you were kissing him, but not when you ran away when you saw me?"

"Technically I didn't run away."

"Technicalities aside, I don't know if you noticed or felt it, but I wasn't the happiest when I saw you two."

"I noticed. And I can tell you still aren't."

"Exactly. So, what I'm going to need you to do now is to promise me that you won't kiss anyone that isn't me while we're together. Call it over-protective or whatever you want, but I don't like seeing my girl kissing someone else."

Something about the way he was looking at me gave me a little more confidence to tease. "So I'm your girl now, am I?"

My breath hitched as he leaned even closer to me and I could clearly see the lust burning in his eyes. While I was thankful to see that he didn't seem too mad at me anymore for what happened last night, the way he was looking at me now made me have to remind myself to breathe.

"Yes, you are." He brushed his lips against mine. "Now, promise me I'm the only one you're going to be kissing from now on."

"I promise," I whispered, now completely aware of how close we were.

"Good." His gaze met mine before flicking down to my lips. "Just to make sure I'm the only one you think about kissing..."

Trailing off, his lips hovered over mine for a moment longer before he basically crashed into me. Shock made me involuntarily gasp against his lips which only provided incentive for him to deepen the kiss. Desire quickly became the only emotion that mattered as I tangled my fingers in his hair. He pulled away much too soon and I let out a soft, disappointed sound. I watched him smirk before softly kissing me again.

"You thinking about anyone else now?"

"No."

"Good." With that, he turned around and went to pick up the knives.

"I hate you so much right now."

"Do you really though?" he asked, turning to smirk at me.

I simply glared at him which only made him laugh as he turned his attention back to the target board. The three knives that he threw struck their mark.

"The fact that you didn't hit the target when I first came in here could lead one to think that you needed to kiss me to be able to focus enough to hit the mark."

"Well, someone's cocky now. Thought you were insanely sorry."

"I still am, but now I have another reason to be pissed at you."

"Aww, is someone sad she's not getting what she wants?"

"We both know you want it too. How about we make a deal?"

"Depends on what this deal would include."

"You can pick whatever you want from here," I said, motioning to the whole room. "If I beat you, I get anything I want. If you somehow beat me, you get whatever you want."

"Hmm...whatever I want?" When I simply nodded my head, I saw his eyes light up. "Deal. Don't get too mad when I beat you though."

"I think I should be the one saying that to you. I trained a lot when I was with Gray."

"So you think you're better than me?" he asked, getting the knives and placing them back on their shelf.

"I guess we'll just have to find out."

"I guess we will," he said, smirking as he looked around the room.