Chapter 67

Music Video: Rotten to the Core (because I can)
**********************************
Vincent's POV

I would be lying if I said I wasn't extremely happy that Mia and I were good. We were walking side by side down the hallway to the front door when I felt her get pulled away from me. I turned around in time to see a hooded figure dressed all in black stab something in Mia's neck. She let out a high-pitched shriek and I yelled her name. I watched as she put her hand to her neck and saw black and red blood on it when she pulled it away. Her nails were starting to expand like they did before we turned into our wolves. I tried to get into her mind to see what was happening, but I was faced with a block that I knew all too well. It was not like the kind of barrier Mia had put up around her mind before. This was a block that only demons could put up.

This is not good at all, I thought to myself. I was mentally kicking myself for not grabbing a knife of some sort before I had left my room. I still had my werewolf abilities, but I wasn't too sure I wanted to get close enough to this thing to go all werewolf on it.

Suddenly, Mia collapsed on the floor and the figure bent down to pick her up. I growled and felt my nails start to lengthen. I didn't even bother to turn around when I heard footsteps coming up quickly behind me. I let my gaze move quickly to the side and saw Izzy and Jace, Izzy with her whip unraveled and Jace with a blade pulled out and pointed at the figure. I still hadn't been able to figure out what exactly it was, but, at this point, I really could care less. I just wanted to get Mia back and get the demon blood out of her as quickly as possible.

"Who are you?" I heard someone ask from behind me. I turned my head around to see that almost everyone had come to see what was happening. I looked at Tessa, who was the one who had asked the question, and saw that her blade was fully out and extended towards the figure.

I turned back towards the thing that was still holding Mia and saw it lift its head up, allowing me to get my first good look at it. It was a guy and he did look like a regular human, but his body was covered so I didn't know what the rest of him looked like. The only thing that mattered to me was that he had Mia and that was enough for me to know that I can't trust him.

"In my world, I am referred to as Princeps Daemonium Cinereo, which roughly translates from Latin to gray demon prince. In your world, I am better know as Gray. I suppose you've heard of me."

When he didn't get a reaction from us, he simply sighed and began to shimmer. Tessa and I both started to move towards him, but he was gone before we could do him any harm. I growled and turned to punch the wall.

"Vincent, calm down. We'll find her," Jace said.

I whipped my head around and glared at him. "How do you know? She just got taken by Gray and now has demon blood in her! I can't tell where she is and we won't be able to track her! Gray is going to make sure of that!"

"We will find a way to find her. We all care about her as much as you do and we will do anything to get her back," Tessa said, taking one step towards me. I glared at her and she raised her hands in surrender.

"You don't know that and you don't know her."

"Like Tess said, we all care about her-" Jace started, but I cut him off by pushing him against the wall. Everyone took a step back because they knew not to get involved in a fight between us.

"I know that you like her as more than a friend," I growled. "You only want to get her back so that you can compete with me again for her. Well, let me tell you something. I don't know what Tessa said to her, but she came to me and told me that she asked herself questions about who she wanted to be with. Do you know who she said was the answer to all of those questions? Me, not you or anyone else, but me. You need to leave her alone or we will have a problem. Got it?"

"I get it."

"Good. You better not try anything ever again."

He nodded his head and I saw his eyes flash to someone standing behind me. I glared at him one last time before turning around. When I did, I was met with Clary looking at me with a serious expression on her face. She was one of the only people that would actually try looking me dead in the eye when I was like this. She may be small, but the fiery red hair of hers translates into her personality. I looked away from her and towards the rest of the group. They were all looking at me, probably wondering if I would flip and change on them. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again.

"We will find her, Vincent. I promise."

I looked down at her and nodded my head. "What do we do now?"
***********************************
Wow...did he just...wow...I actually surprised myself when I wrote the part of Vincent flipping out. When I re-read it, I actually laughed a little because I can't really picture Vincent getting mad like he did. Anyways...

Questions:

1) Did you see that coming?

2) What do you think is going to happen with Mia?

3) Are you ready for some drama and a dramatic change in Mia's personality? (*evil laugh*)

So, my senior year started three weeks ago and I have to say that it is a lot more stressful than I thought. I have had almost no time to write at all and when I do have time, I can't think of anything to write about. So, if I don't post updates as much as I used to, don't blame me; it's my teachers' faults. Anyways, love you guys.
-blackwolves16 (aka Megan)