Chapter 45

Song: Princess Charming by Megan and Liz
Reason: I just like the song and wanted to share it with you guys
**********************************
Mia's POV

As we started walking back to the library, I could tell that some of the tension between Clary and Jace was gone. They were walking side by side and it looked like they were more comfortable together than they were before. I smiled inwardly, thinking about how happy Izzy would be to see that her plan had worked, even just a little. Yes, everything that had happened was a part of Izzy's plan: from me kissing Jace to me telling him about Clary being pregnant to having me tell him to go talk to her. Having Jace start to like me was the only thing that didn't exactly go according to her plan. I'll have to talk to Izzy about that one, I thought to myself as we entered the library.

Simon, Alec, Magnus, Izzy, Vincent, Tessa, Jem, and the other new people were already there. Izzy and Simon were sitting next to each other as were Magnus and Alec. Vincent caught my attention and quickly pulled out the seat next to him. I smiled and walked over to sit down. Jace and Clary had to sit in the last two seats that were next to each other, but I don't think that they minded as much as they would have a few days ago. Jem and Tessa were standing in front of the table with the new people standing in a line behind them.

I finally got to take my first good look at the new people. The four people all looked like traditional Shadowhunters, or at least like the rest of the Shadowhunters here did. They were all girls and I could tell that they were all awesome at what they do.

"Alright. We have heard about your current situation and decided to get you guys some back up. These are a few of the best fighters we could find. This is Victoria, Scarlight, Shannah, and Vanessa."

Jem gestured to each person in turn as he said their name. Victoria looked like a true Shadowhunter, dressed all in black with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Scarlight has long brown hair with gold, black, and red highlights, gold eyes with flecks of every color, tattoos of different things, and gold lipstick. Shannah has tan skin, black hair, and sparkling dark brown eyes. Vanessa has long black hair and stormy grey eyes. I could sense that Vanessa wasn't actually a Shadowhunter, but happened to be a werewolf.

"There was one more, but I think you already met her. Robyn said she was going to come down earlier," Tessa said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah," I heard Izzy say. "We've already met her. She came not long before you guys did saying that she needed help. She's in the infirmary now, if you want to see her."

I saw Jem shake his head. "As long as she is here, then I will go see her when we are done here. Now, Mia, I actually need to talk to you. Could we take a walk?"

"Um..." I trailed off, looking over at Vincent. He looked over at me and I could tell that he was hesitant about letting me go. "Yeah, sure."

I started to get up and felt Vincent squeeze my hand before letting me go. I smiled at him before I turned around to follow Jem out into the hallway. When we were out of the library, Jem started to make his way down the hallway, walking slowly so that I could catch up. Soon, we were walking side by side and I was waiting, not so patiently, for him to start talking.

"I am not really one for small talk so I will just get right to it. You can sense that you have some sort of relationship with Robyn, correct?" When I nodded my head, Jem continued talking. "Well, she is, actually, your sister. You were separated when you were born and have not been allowed to make any form of contact until now."

As much as I wasn't expecting that, I could tell that there was something else on his mind. "Jem, there's something else, isn't there?"

"I have other news that you may not take too kindly to."

I stopped walking and a million thoughts started going through my mind of what he would say, but none of them compared to what Jem said next.

"You and Vincent cannot be together."
***********************************
..........what....just....happened?! I don't even know how I wrote that. I actually cried a little while writing this. I know I probably just killed a lot you guys, but, I promise that I have a plan for later on in the story. I know a lot of you guys hate me right now and I hate myself, but please keep the swearing in the comments to a minimum.

Questions:

1) Clace or Jia? This question affects the plot of chapters to come, so I need lots of opinions.

2) How much do you hate me for breaking up Via? Be honest; I can take it.

3) Did you see this surprise coming?

4) Why do you think Vincent and Mia can't be together?

5) Questions for the "Ask the Characters" section? (Still waiting on you, fanvergent_narwhal14)

Thank you all so much for reading and sticking with me even when I kill you. The next chapter will be in Vincent's POV.
-blackwolves16

P.S. After the next chapter, I'll have an updated character list with the new characters that have just been introduced.