Chapter 7

This is who I want to base the character of Kat on. Hope you guys like her.
**********************************
Mia's POV

While Kat continued to drag me to what I guessed would be her room, she looked over at me and said, "You look like you have a few questions. You can ask me if you want."

"Alright. How many others are there here? What is it that you actually do? How old are you guys? What was Vincent researching? Is either Vincent or Nick single?" Did I just ask that? I thought to myself. However, that question and all of the others didn't seem to faze Kat in the least as she just started rattling off answers.

"Ten in the pack and five in the lab. We research to see who or what changed us and why. We range in age from 12 to 30. No one besides Vincent and Robert know. And both of them are, but I think you have a better chance with Nick. And don't worry; everyone asks that question at some point."

When she had finished answering my questions, she stopped us in front of a door. After opening it, she pulled me inside and over to her bed. She closed the door and pointed at the bed as if to say "sit down." So, I did and I watched as she walked over to her closet on the other side of the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, feeling genuinely confused.

"I am looking for an outfit for you because we are going out in a little while."

"What? Where?"

I heard Kat giggle from inside her closet. "You'll see. Now, go take a shower and wash up. The bathroom is over on the other side of the bed."

I went to where she mentioned. A little while later, I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body. I looked over at the bed and saw that a shiny black dress was lying on it. I held it up and it looked extremely tight, like it could have been a second skin. I started to look around the room to see where Kat was. I found her by her vanity putting the finishing touches on her look. She looked so beautiful. I wish I could look like that, I thought as Kat finished putting her makeup away and turned towards me.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Get back in that bathroom and put the dress on."

"Yes ma'am," I replied with a salute before turning back to the bathroom.

When the door fully closed, I turned towards the task of getting the dress on. I succeeded on getting it on, but I was right about it being skin tight. However, I didn't mind it that much because it highlighted all of the curves that I didn't know that I had. Looking in the mirror, I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face as I thought, Wow. I've never looked like this before in my life.

I shook myself out of that daze and walked back out of the bathroom. Kat was sitting on her bed looking at her phone. I cleared my throat and she turned around. "Oh my gosh! Mia! You look amazing! Now, go sit in that chair and I'll get started on the finishing touches."

I did as I was told and Kat got started on my hair and makeup. Within ten minutes, Kat stepped back and let me look in the mirror behind her. She had put on a shadowy-eye with cat-eye eyeliner. My eyelashes looked about a quarter of an inch longer than normal due to the mascara that she put on them. My lips were a dark red shade and my cheeks were a pretty blush color. My black hair was straighter than normal and fell gracefully down my back and over my shoulders. She also let me borrow a pair of small black earrings. I couldn't believe that she did all of this in only ten minutes. I'm going to have to make sure to learn how she did that, I thought as I turned back around to see that Kat had gone back to her closet and gotten a pair of high-heeled black boots.

"We look to be about the same size, so put these on and do a quick little spin for me."

I put the boots on and did a spin like she told me to. When I faced forward again, I saw Kat looking at me with another huge grin on her face.

"What?" I asked her.

"OH MY GOSH!! YOU LOOK AMAZING! The boys are not going to be able to keep their eyes off of you! I also have to pat myself on the back for my amazing style, but I can do that later. Right now, we need to meet the others at the front door."

"Can you at least please tell me where we are going?" I asked Kat before she opened the door to her bedroom.

"A club. The best one to be exact. You're going to have so much fun. I promise. Now, come on. We need to go."