Chapter 51

Music Video: Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney
**********************************
Mia's POV

On the way to Vincent's room, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I didn't know why exactly, but I didn't really care. Just being with Vincent put a smile on my face. He was so sweet and unlike anyone I had ever met. He is everything I could ever ask for.

When we got to the door to Vince's room, he stopped and turned towards me. I raised an eyebrow and his smile only grew larger.

"Well, a little birdy told me that today is your birthday."

"Izzy," I mumbled, instinct telling me that she would be the person to do and know that.

Vincent nodded his head. "I may have prepared a little something for you. It's nothing big. I learned a new song on the guitar and I wanted to play and sing it for you," he said, really fast.

I smiled and laughed a little. "You're cute when you're nervous. I can't wait to hear it. I'm sure that it's amazing."

He smiled and swallowed. "Okay. I just hope that I don't disappoint you," he said, opening the door.

"You could never disappoint me," I replied. I saw his eyes lighten up as he placed his hand on my lower back and ushered me into his room.

When we were inside, I looked around. It was neater than I thought a boy's room would be. He had his bed in the left corner opposite two doors that, I'm guessing, led to the bathroom and his closet. He had a chest at the end of the bed like Izzy, which, most likely, held his weapons. He had a small bookshelf next to his bed and a guitar resting against the other side. The walls were painted a light blue and the carpet was a dark black. The bed was made and he had a dark blue comforter over the top of it.

"Wow," I whispered.

"Do you like it? It's not too bad, is it?"

I laughed a little bit and reached up to give him a peck on the cheek. "No, it's perfect. It's so...you."

I saw him breathe a sigh of relief as he took my hand and led me over to the bed. I sat down and folded my legs in to wait for Vincent to sit down. He walked over to get his guitar and came over to the bed to sit down in front of me. I saw him quickly look at me and then back at the guitar as he started to strum.

Beautiful Soul by Jesse McCartney
*I don't own these lyrics*

[Intro:]
I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul

I know that you are something special
To you I'd be always faithful
I want to be what you always needed
Then I hope you'll see the heart in me

[Chorus:]
I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I won't let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul, yeah

You might need time to think it over
But I'm just fine moving forward
I'll ease your mind
If you give me the chance
I will never make you cry, c'mon let's try

[Chorus:]
I don't want another pretty face
I don't want just anyone to hold
I don't want my love to go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul
You're the one I wanna chase
You're the one I wanna hold
I won't let another minute go to waste
I want you and your beautiful soul