Christmas Special

Mia's POV

"What are we doing here?"

"Shopping, duh."

"I get that, but why?"

Iz turned around to look at me, arms full of clothes. "Christmas party. We have one every year and you have to look good for it. I know all the boys are dressing up, so we gotta match it."

"Who exactly is going to be there?" I asked, looking through a rack of dresses next to me.

"The usual crowd. Jace, Clary, Alec, Magnus, Simon, Vincent, Tessa, Will, Jem, obviously me and you, and Tyler."

"Tyler?"

"Yeah, I invited him. He's basically part of us now, since he helped you get away from Gray and gave us info on how to take him down...you don't have a problem with it, do you? I can uninvite him if you'd feel uncom-"

"Iz, it's fine," I replied, laughing a little. "I was just shocked, that's all. It'll be fun to see him again."

She let out a sigh before smiling. "Okay, good. Just wanted to make sure. Now, let's go try on some of these dresses."

**time skip**

"You looked absolutely amazing in that dress!"

Iz turned to smile hugely at me. "Thank you. I love your dress, too. Might have to steal it at some point."

"You'd look good in anything, so go for it. You know where my room is."

"I'll make sure to knock before I come in. Wouldn't want to walk in on something," she said, winking at me.

"You are impossible."

We both laughed as we finally made it back to the Institute. Pushing the door open, I had to duck to avoid getting hit by one of the many objects flying around.

"Magnus, a little warning would be appreciated," Iz said, following me in.

"Sorry." Movement to my right made me turn and I saw Magnus carrying boxes. "My hands are a little full, so I figured I'd use what I got."

"Couldn't ask one of the guys?" I asked, shifting the bags in my hands.

"I did, but they all apparently had "stuff to do." And I thought I took a long time to get ready."

Iz and I laughed before she spoke up. "As much as I'd love to lend a hand, Mia and I actually do have to go get ready. How long-"

"About an hour. Won't take long for me to finish decorating and then the rest of that time is for me to get ready."

"Sounds good," she said before turning and making her way to the stairs.

"Thank you for doing all of this," I said, smiling at Magnus. "Excited to see what you have planned."

He smiled slightly before bowing his head. "My pleasure."

"Mia!"

"Coming!" I rolled my eyes and half-waved at Magnus before taking off in Iz's direction.

"Okay, so we have to do makeup, hair, and clothes. I already have ideas for what I'm doing for both of us, so that's good."

As she continued to rant about everything she was thinking of, I let my mind wander to Vincent.

Hey, how's it going?

I didn't get a response for a minute and was about to check in again when he replied. It's going good, just finishing up some stuff.