Chapter 22

The video is really long, but it has a lot of good laughs in it. Just wants to let you know before you watch it :)
*********************************
Mia's POV

After Vincent and I had sat down, I saw a boy with golden-blonde hair make his way over to the piano. My interest immediately peaked and I could tell that it was not just me. However, I could tell that not all of the reactions were positive. All of the people, especially the girls, were looking at him with awe. The people that I came with, however, were looking at him with looks of shock, horror, and disgust. I had no idea who this person was or why he caused those reactions, but all I knew was that he was gorgeous. I was soon snapped out of my thoughts by Eric walking to center stage and tapping the microphone again.

"Alright everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that this will be the last act of the night. Also, he is the first and only one to actually request the spotlight method. So, without further ado, our spotlight search begins...now."

Right after he said that, the lights went down and a single spotlight began to roam around the people seated around the stage. The only thought that was going through my head was, Please don't pick me. I kept my head down and didn't look up until the light started to shine brighter right in front of me. I looked up and squinted as I saw that the spotlight had, much to my horror, landed on me.

I started to panic, but I felt a hand on my own and turned to see Vincent looking at me with that calming expression on his face. I felt myself automatically calm down just by looking at him. He nodded his head and began to push me up and out of my seat. I got up, still nervous, and made my way to the stage. When I got to the edge, Eric held out his hand and lead me towards the piano. The whole time that we were walking there, I was praying that this guy at least picked a song that I actually knew.

When we finally reached the piano, I got my first good look at the golden-blonde haired boy. He was even more gorgeous up close. As he looked over at me and smiled, I could see what all of the other girls saw in him. That smile...it could make a girl melt. Thankfully, that didn't happen to me. I smiled back and sat down on the bench next to him. He reached out his hand, still smiling.

"Hello. I'm Jace. It's very nice to meet you. What's your name?"

I took his hand and replied, "It's nice to meet you as well and my name is Mia. May I ask what song we are singing?"

"Oh, I'm not singing. I'm just here to play the piano. But the song is called Warrior. Have you heard of it?"

"By Beth Crowley? Yeah, I have. It's actually one of my favorite songs."

The boy, Jace, smiled again and turned towards the piano. "Well, are you ready?"
**********************************
Hey guys. I know this chapter was shorter than the others have been. I promise that I will make up for it with future chapters. The video is just a bunch of funny moments with the cast of The Mortal Instruments. Questions:

1) What do you think about my description of Jace?

2) Do you have a favorite part of the story?

3) Questions for me? Ideas? Random comments?

Thanks for reading. Love you all.
- blackwolves16