Chapter 24

Mia's POV

After getting over the initial shock of being picked, I actually had fun. The guy that I sang with, Jace, was actually really talented. And really cute. Wait...that name is too familiar. Why do I feel like I know that name? I didn't have time to think too long about that because Jace had already pushed his way through the crowd and to the bar. He motioned to a seat and I sat down, turning to look at him. He smiled and motioned to the bartender.

"Hello Jace. What would you like?"

"Two waters, please," Jace responded, shooting me a sideways smile. The bartender nodded and walked away. Jace turned towards me and smiled again. "You were really good."

I looked down, embarrassed. "You weren't too bad yourself," I replied.

"You think so?"

At this, I looked back up at him and asked, "Are you doubting your mad skills?"

This got us both laughing and the only thought that crossed my mind was how beautiful his smile was. I got snapped out of my thoughts by the bartender coming back over with our drinks. I said, "Thank you," and took a sip. I looked over at Jace and saw that he was staring at me.

"What?" I asked him.

"Hm?"

"What are you staring at?"

"You."

"Why would you be staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful."

I laughed and received a confused look from Jace. "I'm not beautiful."

"Well, at least I now know two things about you."

"Oh yeah? And what exactly do you know about me?"

"Well, your name is Mia and you are one of the I'm-beautiful-but-I-don't-know-it type of girls."

"I guess I'm very easy to read."

Jace laughed before saying, "You are...and I've seen a lot of people like you. It has actually become pretty easy for me to recognize it."

"You're not that hard to read either. I already know your name is Jace and you're obviously the overly confident type that has a sweet side he doesn't really like to show to everyone."

"Wow..."

"You're not denying it."

Smirking, he replied, "No, I'm not," before taking a drink. "Now, tell me something else about yourself."

"What do you want to know?"

"Favorite color?"

"Purple, yours?"

"Black. Do you live around here or are you just visiting someone?"

"I'm living here right now; down the street actually. What about you?"

"Same. Do you live with anyone?"

"Yeah, a lot of people actually. What about you?"

"A few people. They're like my family."

"That's awesome. What about your parents? Do you live with them too?"

Jace took his time answering. I could tell that something happened and I immediately felt bad for bringing it up.

"You don't have to answer that. Sorry about bringing that up."

"No, it's okay. Don't be sorry. I actually don't really remember my patents, so I guess you could say I'm an orphan. The Lightwoods have been kind enough to let me live with them and one of them actually became my parabatai."

"Wow, that's awesome. Not the being an orphan part, but being able to find someone that you can trust with your life."

Jace just looked at me with a look of complete awe on his face. I was about to say something when he grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards the back door.
***********************************
Hey guys. I hope that you liked this chapter. I kind of wanted some Jace and Mia time. The picture is actually my thought process when I get the notification that someone on here has followed me:
Every time I get a follower I silently fangirl because someone actually looked at my blog and thought "imma follow dis"
I'm just like LOVE YOU GUYS!!

So, I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading this story and for all of you that followed me. Questions:

1) What do you think is going to happen?

2) Why do you think Jace freaked out when Mia knew what parabatai meant?

3) Who is your favorite character so far?

4) What had been your favorite part of this story or what part have you liked above the rest?

5) Questions for me?

Thank you all again for your support. Love you all so much.
- blackwolves16