Chapter 9

Just thought I would put a picture of Izzy in here to further incorporate the TMI series into the story. Also, I just really like Izzy, so hope you guys like it as well.
**********************************
Jace's POV

Clary, Isabelle, Alec, and I had just finished a rousing day of demon fighting. When we got back to the Institute, everyone went their separate ways. I decided to go to Clary's room, since we were dating and I just wanted to get some alone time with her. I was also curious as to why she had run off so suddenly when we got home. As I was walking to her room, I had a weird feeling in my gut. I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong as I quickened my pace.

When I got to Clary's room, I knew that my gut feeling was right because, when I tried to open her door, it was locked. She never locked the door unless someone was in there with her (usually Izzy or myself).

So, I knocked a few times and I could have sworn that I heard a male voice ask Clary who was at the door. I didn't hear what was said next. I was too focused on getting my stele out to draw an unlocking rune on the door. However, I didn't get the chance to because Clary opened the door with only a blanket wrapped around her body.

"Jace?" she asked. "What are you doing here?"

"I was just coming to spend some quality time with my loving and faithful girlfriend," I replied, letting as much sarcasm as I could muster leak into my voice. "Who was in there with you?"

"I...I..." Clary stuttered.

I didn't bother to listen to anything she was about to say. I barged into her room and started looking for any signs of another person. Without much searching, I found a pair of boxers on the floor that sure as hell weren't mine. I picked them up and turned towards Clary with an accusing glare plastered onto my face.

"Care to explain what these are doing in your room?" I asked.

Clary didn't answer; just stared at me. I walked over to her closet and threw open the door. I was not at all surprised at what I saw. A guy about my age was standing inside with a towel covering his waist down. I looked back at Clary with shock, anger, and sadness mixing on my face. Clary looked like she was going to say something, but I didn't give her the opportunity to. I pushed past her and ran out of the Institute. I just kept running until I went to the one place that I always go to when I'm upset or need to let off a little steam...Pandemonium.