Chapter 65

Picture: new cover for my new book
**********************************
Tessa's POV (yay!)

After talking with Mia, I made my way back to the library. I was thinking about what Mia had asked me; about Will being back changing anything. The questions that I told her to ask herself about her situation kept running through my mind. I chose the right guy, right? I asked myself, sighing before opening the door to the library.

"Feels good to be back in an Institute."

I turned my head to the side to see Will standing next to me. "I would say the same, but I'm welcome in any Institute I want. I just chose to stay near the London Institute, stay close to home and all that."

"Yeah, I saw."

I turned my head to look at him. "You've been watching me?"

"Not really. I've just been watching over you from time to time. I do still care about you, so I've been trying to make sure that you stay safe."

I smiled a little at that before I replied. "Thanks for that. We all miss you, you know that, right?"

He nodded his head and turned to look back at the party. "Yeah, I know. I could see how hard it was on all of you. Believe me when I say that it was hard for me, too. I took a while getting adjusted to heaven, but, now that I have, I can do a lot of cool things."

We both laughed before starting to make our way to the stairs. When we were about halfway down, we heard the bell ring throughout the building and stopped in our tracks. I looked at him and then at everyone else. They had all stopped what they were doing and were looking towards the door. I saw Izzy sigh before walking towards the stairs with everyone else following behind her. Will and I turned and started to walk back out the door and down the hallway to the front door.

When we got to the elevator, Will called it up and we waited for the rest of the group to get there. It was clear that we would have to take multiple trips to get everyone down. Will, Jem, Izzy, Simon, Magnus, Alec, Jace, Clary, and I went down first and then the rest sorted it out. I was the first to step out of the elevator and started to walk towards the doors. My hand slowly moved to the blade that I had tucked into my belt. After everything that had happened, I had learned to never go anywhere without a weapon of some sorts.

I reached the door and slowly started to unlock it. By the time that I had it fully unlocked, Izzy and Alec were standing behind me and the others were on the other side of the door. I opened one of the doors and looked around it to see who was there. When I saw who it was, I pulled my blade out and opened the door all the way.

"What do you want?" I asked the person.

"I need to warn Mia about something."

"And who might you be?" I asked, stepping forward one step which caused the person to take one step back.

The person was about to respond when a shriek resounded throughout the Institute.

"Mia!" Jace and Izzy yelled at the same time and sprinted up the staircase, not even looking back to see if anyone was following them. I turned back around to the person standing in the doorway and then looked at Will and Jem.

"Watch him," I ordered as I motioned for Alec, Simon, Magnus, and Clary to follow me up the stairs. We ran up them and almost into Jace and Izzy who had stopped a little ways away from the top of the stairs. I fully rounded the corner and saw Vincent standing in front of where we all were. My gaze slowly moved to what he was glaring at and I was almost immediately in my fighting stance when I saw who was there.
***********************************
Hey guys. Second of two chapters that I promised you guys today. I hope that you liked it and I'm assuring you I have no plans about breaking up Jessa, so you can stop panicking.

Questions:

1) Who do you think is at the door?

2) What do you think Tessa saw?

3) What do you think happened to Mia?

4) Questions, comments, characters, POV's, random comments?

Thank you all for reading. I will try to update when I can.
-blackwolves16 (aka Megan)