Chapter 59

Video: If You Left Him For Me by Cody Simpson
**********************************
Mia's POV

After the boys finished their performance and everyone finished clapping, Vincent made his way back to stand by my side. Jace shot me a smile as he walked past me and I just shook my head.

"Did you like the song?"

I looked up at Vincent. "Well, the performance was amazing, but I feel like you were trying to tell me something."

"And what do you think I was trying to tell you?"

"Something I'm not saying right now."

He laughed and leaned down to whisper in my ear, "I guess we'll just have to see if what you're thinking is right sometime."

I smirked before replying, "I bet you'd like that."

He returned my smirk with one of his own while I just shook my head and turned to try to find Izzy. She had walked back up to the center of the stage. I turned away from Vincent, trying to ignore the heat that had crept onto my cheeks, while Izzy tapped the microphone.

"Alright. I believe that about wraps up that part of the night. Now, onto the presents. Mia, could you come here please?"

I nodded and walked over to where she was. Vincent walked over after me and brought the chair that I was sitting in and a gift under his arm. He put the chair down and waited until I had sat down to give it to me.

"It's nothing big and fancy. Just saw it and thought you'd like it."

"I'm sure I will," I replied as I started to open it. The package was small and it was wrapped in a sparkly gold wrapping paper. The box itself was plain black and had a white ribbon wrapped diagonally across it. I pulled the ribbon off and opened the box to find a bracelet. It was gold and had my name on it.

"I know it's not much..." Vincent trailed off.

"I love it. It's perfect. Thank you," I said as I got up to give him a hug. "Could you put it on for me?" I asked him. He nodded his head and clasped it on my right wrist. I smiled up at him one last time before Izzy grabbed me and dragged me back to my chair.

"Now, open mine," she said as she put a large box on my lap.

As I opened it, she had this very excited look on her face. When I finally got to the present itself, I held it up and let out a short laugh. She had gotten me a black leather jacket with a lot of pockets.

"Clary and I each have one and I thought that, since you're one of us now, you should have one, too."

I looked up at her for a few seconds before putting the jacket on and standing up to give her a big hug. "Thank you so much."

"It's no biggy. What I said is true, you know that, right?"

"I do and I'm so grateful for you guys."

"Stop it. You're going to make me ruin my makeup. Go open the other presents."

I laughed and went back to sit in the chair again. All of the gifts I got were amazing. Alec and Magnus had gotten me a pair of glittery sunglasses and a witchlight. Tessa, Jem, and Will got together to get me a few new weapons and some good-looking books. Clary had gotten me a journal and some colored pencils. From the group that had just gotten there, I got some training clothes and more weapons. Robyn gave me a stele and an angelic rune pin. Jace gave me a necklace that had a beautiful aquamarine stone on it.

After about thirty minutes, all of the presents they had given me were opened and we were dancing to a playlist Izzy had created herself. I still had the jacket on and I didn't plan on taking it off anytime soon. Vincent and I had been dancing together and I had almost forgotten about everything that had happened with Jace...almost.

"Excuse me, but may I steal this little lady for a few minutes."

I turned around and found Jace standing there looking at me. Turning back around to look at Vince, I thought, It'll give me time to straighten things out between us.

Okay, he thought back. "I'll go see if Tessa wants a dance," he said. He gave me a quick kiss before turning around to go find Tessa.

"Care to dance?" Jace asked when I turned back around.

"Sure."

Suddenly, the music slowed and Jace pulled me closer to him. I put my arms around his neck and he put his around my waist. I made sure to keep a little distance between us as we danced.

"What's up?"

"Nothing."

"Come on; you know you can tell me."

"Okay..." I replied. "Vincent doesn't care for you flirting with me."

"And what do you think about it?"

I looked up at him. "I'm with Vincent. You have to understand that."

"I do. I just don't care," he said as he leaned down and kissed me.
***********************************
Hey guys. Hope you liked this chapter and I'm so sorry for how it ended. I know I may have just killed some of you, but I have a plan, I promise.

Questions:

1) What do you think about the presents?

2) Thoughts on the ending? *hides behind Captain America* don't kill me

3) Ideas? Thoughts on what's going to happen next? Questions for the Ask the Characters section? (It's coming after chapter 60, I promise)

Thank you all for reading. Feel free to message me, comment, or email me. Love you.
-blackwolves16 (aka Megan)