Chapter 69

Video: The Words by Christina Perri
Pic: He Loves Me, He Loves Me, Too (new MAGCON fanfiction by yours truly)
***********************************
Mia's POV

After Gray's driver dropped me off, I looked up at the Institute with a smile. Before I had left, Gray had taught me a spell that I could use to transport myself back and that no one could use to trace me. I picked up on magic very quickly, according to Gray, so I guess my powers are stronger than anyone knew. He had also let me change into something more suited for what I was going to do. I picked out a pair of black leather skinny jeans with a long sleeved black shirt that had a low back. I kept the knee-high boots and leather jacket, but my hair was now up in a high ponytail.

Taking in my surroundings, I saw that most of the lights in the building were off...except for one. I smirked and walked over to stand under where the lit window was. To anyone else, the distance from the ground to the window would seem very large. My eyes just trailed my path up the wall and I started climbing. Speaking of my eyes, Gray had taught me how to change my eye color from my normal blue to black and back again (very helpful for what I was about to do). Anyways, I finally reached the window and slowly started to open it. I shook my head at how these people trusted their wards enough not to lock their windows.

"Idiots," I muttered, climbing through the window and looking around the room. I heard the shower running, so I figured I would have time to make sure I knew whose room I was in. The bed was in the leftmost corner of the room and had a dark blue comforter over the top of it. A chest sat at the end and a bookshelf was next to it with a guitar on the opposite side. The bed sat opposite two doors, one from which I heard the shower turn off and the other, I assumed, was the closet. The walls were a light blue and the carpet was dark blue.

I walked back over to the window and sat down on the ledge, propping one leg up on the ledge. I had positioned myself so that I could see when the person walked out. I had just gotten comfortable when I saw the door open. I kept a straight face as I watched the person walk out of the door. It took them a few moments to notice me, but, when they did, their eyes widened.

"Mia?"

"I thought you'd be more happy to see me. I'm hurt, really I am," I said, fake pouting.

"Why are you different?"

I smiled before closing my eyes and concentrating on changing my eyes to black. I opened them a few seconds later and saw the person's eyes widen as they took a step backwards. I laughed at how scared they looked and then closed my eyes and focused on turning them back to their regular color.

"Does that answer your question?" I asked, standing up from the windowsill.

The person nodded their head and watched my every move. I rolled my eyes as I walked by the bed and ran my fingertips along the edge. When I got to the end, I stopped next to the chest, hearing the person suck in a sharp breath as I placed a hand on it. I shook my head and turned to look at the person.

"I didn't come here to hurt you. I came to deliver a message from Gray. He wanted me to tell you to prepare for a battle. He has me on his side now and he plans on making me more powerful than you ever could have done. He wants it to be a good battle, so he had me come here as a warning and to tell you guys to start planning."

"What happened to you?"

I laughed and walked back over to the window. I looked down and then back at the person. "Gray showed me the true extent of my powers." Then, I recited the spell that Gray had taught me and I disappeared.

"Did you finish?"

I turned around and nodded my head. "Yes, sir. They have been notified."

"Good. Now, get some rest. We start your training tomorrow."
***********************************
Hey guys. Sorry that I haven't written in a while and so sorry for the horrible feelings that I will be giving you. In all honesty, I think that I'm going to have so much fun writing for this new Mia. You guys are probably going to hate me for some of the things that I have planned, but I don't really care (no offense).

Questions:

1) Who do you think Mia gave the message to? (I'm trying to see who actually remembered something from a long time back in this book)

2) What are your thoughts on the new Mia?

3) Questions for the next Ask the Characters section? (Just a little FYI, I will be answering questions left for Mia like she is right now, if that made any sense)

Thank you all for reading. I love you all so so so so much.
- blackwolves16 (aka Megan)

P.S. I feel like I should have a name for you guys, but I have no idea what it should be. Any one have any ideas? Comment if you do.