Chapter 34

Jace's POV

I slowly opened the door to my room, ready for whatever was in there. When the door creaked, the person turned around and I was surprised at who I saw.

"Tessa?!"

"Hello Jace. It's been a while."

I just stared at her, dumbfounded. She just laughed and started to walk towards me.

"How are you here?" I asked her as I turned around to shut the door and put a silence rune on it.

"It's a projection. I'm not really here." To prove her point, she walked over to my desk and walked right through it. She looked back at me to make sure that I had seen it. I nodded and she started to make her way back over to where I was standing.

"I'm here for a very important reason. I'm sure that Magnus has already told you that Mia is special. That she is both a werewolf and a Shadowhunter. But, that's not all. She has powers that haven't been around for a long time. Even Magnus doesn't know about them. She is more powerful than anyone and can do things that we can only imagine doing."

"What?" I asked her. "First I find out that my girlfriend, well, ex-girlfriend now, I guess, has been cheating on me. Then, I meet this amazing girl just to find out that she is not who I thought she was. Then, I get told that I have to protect her from an evil that we don't even know anything about. What else could possibly happen?"

"Jace!" I heard Tessa yell. I immediately stopped talking and turned to look at her.

"Could you at least try to be calm about this? By the angel, you're worse than Magnus. And that's saying a lot."

"I'm sorry. It's just that so much has happened and I don't know what to do. I've never been so confused before."

Tessa's gaze softened. "I know that it's a lot to take in, but think about how Mia is feeling. She just found out that she has powers that she never even knew existed. She has three guys fighting over her. And there's a new evil that wants her in his army."

As I let that sink in, I realized that Tessa was right. I hadn't thought about how Mia was dealing with all of this...wait...did she say three guys?

"What do you mean 'three guys fighting over her'?"

"Seriously Jace? Out of everything that I just told you, that's the part that sticks out to you?"

"Sorry. I'm a guy. We think about these things first."

"Fine. You, Vincent, and Nick all have special connections with her. Now, can we get back to the actual problem here?"

"Yeah. Sure," I answered, my mind still stuck on the fact that I have to compete with two other guys.

"You do need to protect her at all costs. She is very valuable to both sides. We have a good chance of winning the war that is soon to come."

This part snapped me out of my thoughts. "War? With that Gray guy?"

"You are hopeless," Tessa said. "I hope that Magnus can talk more sense into you than I did. Now, I have to go. But..."

"But what?" I asked her.

"There are only two others that possess the power that Mia does. Myself being one of them. The other, I think you can figure out on your own."

I nodded my head and Tessa gave a quick nod before walking back over to the window.

"Remember what I told you," she said before she walked through the wall and disappeared.

I walked over to my bed and sat down on the edge. I put my head in my hands, trying to comprehend what was going on. Shaking my head, I looked at the clock and saw that it was almost two in the morning. Well, I thought to myself. I'm not going to be able to sleep, so I might as well get in some extra training.

I walked over to my closet and got out my training clothes. Once I put them on, I walked over to the chest at the end of my bed and got out my weapons. I slowly and quietly started to make my way to the training room. When I got there, however, the door was open and I could see the back of someone standing in front of the targets. I watched as the person threw the knife and as it stuck in the center of the target. I was about to say something when I saw the person hold out their hand. I was confused at first, but my confusion turned to shock as I saw the knife fly out of the target and into the person's hand.

I couldn't help but let out a soft, "Wow." I soon realized my mistake when the person turned around and threw the knife. Luckily, my many years of training paid off as I reached my hand out and grabbed it out of the air before it could hit me. I took one step into the room and heard the other person laugh. As soon as they laughed, I knew exactly who it was and I could tell that she knew who I was as well.
***********************************
Hey guys. Sorry that I haven't updated in a while. School has kept me very, very busy. The video, although it is long, is amazing. I loved listening to what the actors had to say. Two things that I gained from that are 1) Jamie and Lily are cute and need to get back together and 2) Kevin Zegers is amazing.

Questions:

1) Who do you think is the other person that has the powers that Mia does?

2) What do you think about me bringing Tessa into the story?

3) Any other Cassandra Clare characters that you would like to see in here?

4) Questions for me? Ideas? Character ideas? Shout out requests?

TessaWayland is who I based my Tessa off of. I kind of changed her a little bit, but she will be making more appearances in the story. I hope that you guys like her.

Thank you for all of your support. Love you lots.
- blackwolves16