Chapter 14

Mia's POV

People are staring at me again. Why do people keep staring at me? Don't they know that I don't like people staring at me? I caught a glimpse of Vincent before I looked down at my feet. He was already looking at me and I felt my heart flutter. Why do I feel like this? Why am I talking to myself like a four-year-old? I tore my gaze away from my feet to look at Kat. She just smiled at me and started walking down the stairs. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I didn't think that anyone was going to get it, but it seemed like Vincent finally realized what was going on. He opened the door and a girl with curly red hair stepped inside and said, "Are we ready to go to Pandemonium or what?"

By now, Kat and I had gotten to the bottom of the stairs and were standing next to each other. I looked over at her and whispered, "What's Pandemonium?"

"It's where we are going. It's a club."

"What? No. I don't do clubs. I'm more of a stay at home and read kind of girl."

"Oh, come on. Please," Kat pleaded, using the puppy dog eyes.

I finally cracked and said, "Okay, fine. But there's no guarantee that I'll be drinking."

"Yay. And I don't care. Now, come on. You need to meet some new people."
I let her lead me towards the group of people that was waiting by the door. I could still catch some of the guys looking at me from time to time, but I was more focused on who the new people were. My answer came when a girl with black hair came up to Kat and gave her a big hug.

"Kat. It's so good to see you."

"You too, Iz. Oh, this is the new girl that I was telling you about. Mia, this is Isabelle Lightwood, but everyone calls her Izzy or Iz. The one that kind of looks like her is her brother, Alexander Lightwood, otherwise known as Alec. Magnus is the one wearing glitter. The two standing next to each other, brown and red hair, are Simon Lewis and Clarissa Fairchild, Morgenstern, or Fray, whichever you want to call her. She does go by Clary, though, so it's a little easier to remember. Everyone, this is Mia. She just came here...today, actually."

By the time Kat was done with the introductions, I knew everyone's names. However, I felt like everyone was looking for another person. Suddenly, Nick spoke up and answered my suspicions for me.

"Hey. Where's Jace?"

The new group of people all looked over at the red-haired girl, Clary. I could tell that something happened and that she didn't want to talk about it, so I wanted to help her out. "Um..what is Pandemonium? Kat already told me that it's a club, but what exactly goes on there?"

I looked over at Clary and she looked back at me with a look of appreciation and relief on her face. I sent her a little smile and she returned it almost instantly. Then the glittery one, Magnus, spoke up.

"Pandemonium is exactly what Kat told you. It's a club with a bar, but, on Friday, there's also karaoke, which is why we love going."

"Oh..that's really cool," I responded. "I can't wait to hear you guys sing."

"Yeah, it's always interesting," Alec said, smirking.

"Stop it, Alec," Izzy said. "We don't want to scare her off before she even gets there. We should probably get going now if we want to get there in time."

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. As we started to walk out the door, I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Clary walking over to me.

"Hey Clary. What's up?"

"I just wanted to thank you for what you did back there. It was really kind of you."

"No problem. You looked like you didn't want to talk about whatever it was and I know what that feels like, so I only did what I hope someone would do for me."

"Well, I still would like to thank you," Clary said stopping to give me a quick hug.

"Anything for a friend."

With that, Clary ran to catch up with Simon and Izzy. I was about to catch up with them as well when I heard another person call out my name. This time, I just turned around and started walking backwards so that I didn't lose the rest of the group.

"Hey, Nick, Vincent. What's up?" I ask as they hurry to catch up with me.

"Just wanted to walk with you. Seems like you already made tons of new friends."

"Yeah, I guess," I replied as I look at Vincent. "Do you guys normally sing?"

"I do," Nick replies. "Vincent only does it on occasion. Maybe you can convince him to sing."

I looked down at the ground to hide the blush that was slowly creeping onto my face.

A few minutes later, I heard Izzy call out, "We're here!"

I looked up and saw a neon sign that read "Pandemonium." I gulped as I hurried to catch up with everyone else so that I didn't lose them in the huge crowd.
************************************
I figured that I would put something to do with Pandemonium in here since that is where they were going. Questions:

1) Do you like how I combined TMI with my own characters?

2) Who do you think is going to sing at karaoke night?

3) What couple do you think better: Mia and Nick, Mia and Vincent, or Mia and Jace? (I know this might be hard, so you can pick your top two if you can't pick just one.)

Thanks for reading. Just keep doing what your doing. You guys are awesome!