-DETENTIONS WITH HALF GIANTS-

• • • 

She'll make you take your clothes off
And go dancing in the rain
She'll make you live her crazy life
But she'll take away your pain

• • • 

ROSE'S POV: 

After getting caught by Snape and Filch, the twins and I were given detention in a so called 'Forbidden Forest.' The name itself literally screams 'Come over!' 

"Tonight you will be serving detention with Hagrid." Filch informed the three of us as we walked towards a wooden hut outside. The caretaker had made us all shut our mouths the second we stepped out of our common room. 

Charlie and Percy were of course disappointed in me for breaking the rules, but they really should expect it by now. In my two years of Hogwarts I have gotten approximately fifteen detentions. I must admit is not much, but it certainly is something. 

"Are we there yet?" I whispered in Fred's ear. He gave me a 'shut up' look. I rolled my eyes at the red-headed boy. 

Finally we reached the edge of the forbidden forest and the hut. Standing there with a broad smile was a tall hairy man. I've heard about him, apparently he is very friendly but I haven't talked to him until now. Fred and George said that he helped carry me the day of the match.    

"Hello kids!" Hagrid greeted. "I'll take 'em from here Filch!" The caretaker turned around and walked back to the castle, grumbling to himself. 

"Firs' o' all, tell me your names!" Hagrid asked us. The three of us grinned at the man. 

"I'm Fred!" Fred said while he shook the man's big hands, George did the same, and so did I. 

"Excuse me, sir?" I asked timidly when he started walking into the forbidden forest. 

"No need ter call me sir, Rosie." Hagrid laughed, I felt my eyes turn magenta.  

"Right," I whispered before I spoke clearly. "What are we doing?"

"Yeh will help me with summat in the forbidden forest." The half-giant said while clapping his hands together and grinning. 

"Wicked!" Fred, George, and I breathed. We walked inside the dark forest, the twins and I were messing around. 

"Say Hagrid?" I called after fifteen minutes of walking, he turned around. "Where exactly are we going?" 

"Ah, we are goin' ter meet me friend Aragog!" The man replied brightly, I nodded my head numbly. 

"And who is Aragog?" George, who had been listening to the exchange, asked. 

"An acromantula. Very peaceful thing he is, also very friendly." Hagrid shrugged. 

"A what?!" Fred exclaimed. 

"Hagrid, you do know that acromantulas eat people right?!" I asked exasperated.

"Aragog won' d'you no harm!" The man said as he shrugged of the three twelve year olds. ""Ah, here we are!" 

I looked up slowly, only to be greeted by thousands sets of eyes and hundreds spiders. I felt a shudder go through my spine and I grasped Fred's hand tightly. George was squeezing my arm tightly, so much so that I am sure it will leave bruising tomorrow.     

"If we run, would we still get detention?" I murmured in the twins' ears. 

"Most likely." George whispered loud enough for Fred and I to hear.