-THE MARAUDERS MAP-

• • •

I miss you more 

than I thought I could

• • •

ROSE'S POV: 

'This is a bad idea' I thought to myself. Fred and George told me last week that they had planned a prank on Flich for putting them in detention only a week after we got back from holidays. Lee had refused to help them with this prank since he reckoned he didn't want detention on his birthday, which was coming up next week. Lee's birthday was February 3th. 

The plan was for me to distract him with an excuse that Peeves was causing trouble, long enough for the twins to set of dungbombs in his office. The three of us were standing right outside the door. 

"You tell him about Peeves, you lead him to an empty classroom, you hex him, you come back. Got that" Fred said as he revaised my task. 

"Do I really need to hex him? I mean he will know it was me." I told the twins. Instantly their eyes shone and I knew I had walked straight into that one. 

"Oh no!" George said mockley.

"If only you could change the colour of your hair. Guess we'll have to re-plan the whole operation." Fred said while smirking. I rolled my eyes. 

"Very funny, you guys. You amuse me." I told them sarcastly. 

"We know we do, you're eyes are orange." Fred told me while staring at my eyes. 

"Ugh fine, go hide! Or else he'll see you." I said while turning my hair into a pitch black colour. I wasn't wearing my uniform so he wouldn't know what house I was in. 

I knocked on the door, and it instantly opened. Revealing a very annoyed Filch, holding Mrs. Norris.

"Peeves is causing havoc in the transfiguration classroom." I blurted out. Instantly his expression darkened, and he stormed out of his office. I quickly followed him, thinking what hex I was gonna use. We arrived at the doors of the classroom and Filch went in. Before I could hex him, there was a loud laugh from outside the classroom and Filch turned so quickly on his heel towards his office. He began muttering about how it was a trap and about how he was giving whoever it was detention. 

We arrived at his office and before he could open the door I said: 

"Flipendo!" Instantly Filch's body flew away from the door. I turned to him as he began to stand up and said "Petrificus totalus!" his body went rigid.  Then the door to his office flew opened, and there stood two redheads with equal grins. Fred was holding a piece of parchment on his hand.

"Merlin woman! Remind me not to upset you." Fred said while grinning. I blushed a little and allowed my hair to change magenta. Fred noticed this and his grin turned into an actual smile.

"Whatever. Let's get out of here." George huffed, breaking us from our exchange.

"Wait! I can't leave him petrified!" I told the twins. 

"He'll know it was you!" Fred reminded me. 

"He doesn't have to remember." I said. My eyes green with mischief. 

"You are mental!" George began to say. "That is a N.E.W.T level charm!" 

"Do you have any other ideas!" I yelled in his face. 

"What about the confundus charm?" Fred chimed in. 

"That could work." I murmured. 

"Percy is just learning to cast that, how do you expect to be able to do it?" George asked me.