-INTER-HOUSE-

• • •

• • •

feel the fear and do it anyways

• • • 

"Remus!" Rose called as the professor came into their compartment with a sour look on his face. 

"Rose, are you alright, love?" Remus asked, holding Rose's face in his hands. She nodded her head, forcing Remus's hands off her and tucking her hair behind her ear. 

"Why was that- that thing here?" She asked disgusted, pointing to were the dementor had been. Behind her, Annie was shaking and was being held by George who was stroking her hair with ease. 

"The dementor-" Remus began but he was interrupted. 

"What did you do?" Annie asked quietly, forcing herself out of George's arms and staring at Rose with bewilderment. 

The tension in the compartment, which had been there ever since Rose had stepped in earlier, sprung our bigger this time. The boys looked tense and even Remus placed an encouraging hand on Rose's shoulder. 

Rose took a deep breath, turning back to Remus and nodding her head. 

"I can handle this," she told him. 

"Rose-" 

"She's my best friend," Rose interrupted. "I can not lie to her any further." 

"No, Rose!" Remus loudly interrupted this time. "It's Harry, you might wanna come and have a look. Fred, George, you too." 

The trio shared a concerned look as Remus walked out of the compartment and stood waiting for them patiently outside. 

"Rose?" Annie asked, she was now holding Lee's hand tightly as the boy shook his head no. 

"Go," He said. "We can wait." 

"I am terribly sorry, Anne," Rose apologised, stepping out of the compartment. "I have to take care of whatever this is." 

"Sir?" Fred asked once they were all out of the compartment and heading over to Harry. "Is everything alright, are Ron or Ginny hurt?" 

"A dementor stepped into their compartment," Remus explained as he stopped walking in front of what they now figured was the third year's compartment. "They are all quite shaken up." 

They slid the compartment door open as Remus muttered something about settling an issue up at the front of the train. 

"Harry?" Rose called as she entered the compartment only to have her brother run into her arms in a desperate need of a hug. Rose wasted no time in wrapping her arms around her brother and kissing his head, which now reached up to her nose. Rose pulled back to hold his face in her hands like Remus had done only to realise that every part of his face, except for his eyes, looked exactly like James Potter had looked in an old ragged picture she had from his third year of Hogwarts.