-HYPOCRITE-

• • •

• • •

She could tear you apart

if she wanted to

• • •

"You study too much!" Fred Weasley complained when his girlfriend, yet again, refused to help him with his pranks and new products. "Honestly, Ro, take a break!"

"Don't want to," Rose shrugged, her voice was cold and controlled but her shoulders were filled with tension. "I promised Cedric and Harry that I would help them with the second task."

"Helping Harry, I understand," Fred sighed, taking a seat beside her in the common room. His eyebrows furrowed when he said the next words. "But helping Pretty-Boy Diggory?"

Rose glared harshly at Fred, 'hypocrite', she thought.

"Alright, fine," Fred sighed, giving up and putting his hands up in defense. "We had an agreement. Diggory wouldn't take you away from me, and I had to stop being a jealous git."

"Correct," Rose nodded, biting her lip tightly and avoiding the grin he was throwing her.

"You alright, baby?" Fred asked, taking her chin in his fingers, and turning her head towards him. She tried to look away as long as she could, but she couldn't avoid Fred's stare for more than a couple seconds.

"Of course," she smiled bitterly; her eyes full of sorrow when her mind pictured him being with someone else. "Just tired."

Fred hesitated but leaned his head down to capture her lips in a kiss. She grimaced at the bitter-sweet taste of love that's fleeting. She could recall a few lines of a book she once read, 'love is fleeting, just like a moment'. Oh, how she would give in order to go back to the first time that she woke up in Fred's bed.

"Fred!" A feminine voice shrieked from the girl's staircase. Rose pulled away, feeling her shoulders tense when she saw Angelina Johnson stalking her way to the couple. "Fred, come on, we've got to practice!"

"Again?!" Rose blurted out, her mouth working faster than her mouth. She closed her mouth shut, her eyes burning when Angelina and Fred snapped their heads at her.

"Well, we've got to keep our shape, love," Fred shrugged, standing from his seat and placing on hand on her shoulder. "Wouldn't want Slytherin to take the trophy from us, would we?"

"Besides," Angelina butted in, her smile was bright enough that Rose felt like setting it on fire. "It's a brilliant team-building exercise!"

"Yet, it's only you two," Rose hummed, closing her book shut and standing from her own chair. "I'm captain for the Gryffindor team. I want to come."

Rose heard the way both their hearts missed a beat, and she felt a little piece of her own heart breaking a little more. She forced a smile on her lips and interlocked her fingers with Fred's'.