-UNDERSTANDING-

• • •

• • •

Still, I don't feel in 

control sometimes

• • •

"Come on, Rose, don't be like that!" Fred Weasley yelled through the corridors of Hogwarts as he chased his friend. "Rose!" 

The girl in question, Rose Potter, stopped abruptly at a corner, her arms folded over her chest as her red hair covered her angry face. 

Fred quickly caught up with her, folding his own arms over his chest. 

"Rose-" 

"I couldn't do it," the red head interrupted, her deep blue eyes staring back at him. "Fred, everyone could do a patronus and I couldn't." 

"That just means you need more practice, Ro," Fred tried to comfort her, moving closer to the girl. "You heard Professor Lupin, keep trying." 

"But everyone could get a wisp," she argued. "I didn't even get that." 

"That doesn't mean anything, Rose," Fred continued. "Everyone know you're smart; no one thinks that you aren't." 

"It's not that that's bothering me," Rose said, her eyes switching to grey. "What if the reason I can not conjure a patronus is because my memories aren't as happy as I thought they were?" 

"Rose, of course they are!" Fred insisted, grabbing her by the shoulders and forcing her to look at him. "Remember the time in Hogsmeade? For our fifteenth birthday you took us out for drinks and we had a brilliant time. Or when we got out tattoos? Rose, that's by far one of the best memories I have with you." 

"It's not the same for me," she sighed. "I have those happy memories, and I cherish them, but for some reason they're not working." 

Fred didn't understand, but he allowed her to turn on her heel and leave, leaving her with her own thoughts. 

• • •

KNOCK! KNOCK! 

"I'll be right there!" Remus's voice came from the other side of the door of his chambers. He opened the door, smiling down at the short red head that came knocking to his door. 

"Hello, Uncle Remus," Rose smiled. "May I talk to you for a minute?" 

"Come in, Rose," Remus ushered the girl inside, flicking his wand and making two cuppas float towards the table. "What's brought you hear?" 

Rose took the cup in her hands as she sat down, looking down at her hands. 

"Why can't I do a patronus?" she asked tragically. "Is it because I'm not strong enough?"