-CONTROL IS OVERRATED-

• • • 

• • • 

From childhood I had 

never believed in 

permanence, and yet I had 

longed for it

• • • 

"Rose!" 

"Ginny, wait! She's asleep!" 

Those were the few words Rose heard before the door of the bedroom she was sleeping in sprung open and a ten-year-old ginger girl ran into the room, throwing herself over a peacefully sleeping Rose, waking her up in an instant. 

"Bloody hell!" Screamed Rose in fear, the tips of her hair spiked up at the same time her eyes shifted to yellow. "Ginny!" 

"Rosie!" Ginny yelled once she saw Rose's face grow to one of happiness. Ginny hugged Rose tightly. "I missed you!" 

"I missed you, too!" Rose laughed, hugging Ginny just as tight. "Look at you! You've grown so tall!" 

Ginny had stood up from the bed, rolling on the balls of her feet. Rose stood up too, stretching her arms over her head in the process. In that moment, Charlie  bursted in the room. 

"Oh," He said. "You're up!"

"I am now!" Rose said sarcastically. 

"Well c'mon, breakfast's ready." Charlie grinned, he exited the room with Ginny and Rose following behind. 

The moment Rose entered the small kitchen, her nose instantly filled with the smell of bacon and eggy bread. Molly and Arthur Weasley were sitting on the table, huge smiles plastered on their faces. 

"Molly!" Rose laughed and ran over to hug Molly. 

"Oh, my baby!" Molly cooed as she hugged Rose and kissed her head, snuggling her closer. "I missed you!" 

"I missed you so much, Molly." Rose sniffed. "I'm so glad you came." 

Molly laughed as she let Rose go of her hug. 

"Hello, Rose, how are you?" Arthur asked as Rose moved to hug him too. 

"I'm fine, you?" Rose asked, moving back. 

"I'm wonderful, thank you." Arthur beamed. 

"Breakfast?" Charlie asked hopefully. 

• • • 

"You must be around your third or fourth year in Hogwarts, correct?" Aaron asked Rose one afternoon as they laid comfortably near the lake after christmas had passed.