-THE FIRST GLIMPSE-

• • • 

I was only getting used to 

being someone you loved

• • • 

ROSE'S POV: 

"I think I'm gonna be sick." I said dramatically as The Weasleys, Remus, and I made our way inside King Cross Station. Today was the day I would get my first glimpse of Harry Potter, my little brother. 

"Don't think about it, Rose, just wing it!" Fred said as he rubbed my shoulders in an attempt to cure my tension. 

"Fred!" Molly snapped. "Don't tell the girl to 'wing it', she's about to meet her brother!" 

"I was just trying to help, mum!" Fred said as he put his hands up in the air in a surrendering manner. 

"You're going to be fine, Rose." Remus insisted as he placed one hand on my shoulder. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. 

"Now, Ron, remember you can't tell anyone about Rose once you are at Hogwarts. You have to remember it's a secret that Dumbledore asked us to keep for now." Molly reminded Ron for the third time in the past five minutes. 

"I know, mum." Ron said as he rolled his eyes. 

"Don't you roll your eyes at me, Ron Weasley!" Molly snapped again, pointing her finger at Ron, who looked down embarrassed.  

"Rose and I will go first, Molly." Remus said calmly. "You can go after us." 

"Alright." Molly said, giving me a short smile and a tight hug. "Good luck, dearie." 

"Thank you, Molly." I whispered in her ear. 

I turned to Remus, nodding my head as a signal to cross the barrier. We did, we crossed together, my eyes scanning the whole platform looking for a boy with a lighting scar on his forehead. 

"Do you see him?" I asked Remus in a low voice. 

"Not yet, Rosie." He said in an equally low tone. "C'mon, let's get put your trunk and your owl on the train." 

As we walked further into the platform, I began to recognize a few people. I waved over to Adrian Pucey, Cedric Diggory, and Kenneth Towlers. 

"What do you think he'll look like?" I whispered to Remus while he lifted my trunk up the platform with ease. I kept Jamie on my side on her cage. 

"Well, when he was a baby, James used to say he looked like him but with Lily's eyes. So, maybe look for someone who has the messiest hair you've ever seen." Remus said as scanned the crowd once more. 

Far into the crowd, surrounded by loads of people, there was a boy with dreadlocks with a lid box on his hand.

"I'll go say hi to Lee, alright?" I said vaguely. 

"Yeah, go do that, Rose. I'll meet you back with The Weasleys." Remus said as we both moved apart from each other. 

As I came closer to Lee, I realized that he was holding a giant spider on his hand. Annie was on his side, scolding him by the looks of it, but Lee of course paid no mind to her nagging. 

"Lee, put it back in the box for Merlin's sake!" Annie said as Lee playfully brought the spider closer to Anne's face. 

"Relax, it won't bite you." Lee said with a laugh. They hadn't notice I was watching.