-THE LEAVING FEAST-

• • •

• • •

Show me the parts of you you're not that proud of

I want to know, I'm just a man

• • •

Rose Potter sat stiffly on the Great Hall for the goodbye feast, however, this time she wasn't laughing and smiling about finishing another year; no one was. Her eyes were gray and clouded, her hair pined to the back of her head and a black robe hung from her shoulders.

The Great Hall was normally decorated with the winning house's colours for the Leaving Feast. Tonight, however, there were black drapes on the wall behind the teachers' table. Rose knew instantly that they were there as a mark of respect for Cedric. She flinched when he came to mind, his smile flashing in her mind painfully.

People were turning their heads to see her, whispering harshly at their friends. She had barely returned to Hogwarts, against Adrian's wishes, a couple of minutes before the Feast. Amara had instantly engulfed her in her arms and promised to never let go again, Rose couldn't bring herself to believe her.

As she thought back to Cedric, two shadows stood over her; Rose flinched and turned on her seat quickly, knocking the goblet in front of her. Her muscles relaxed, however, when her eyes met the Weasley twins and Lee Jordan.

Quickly, Lee tackled her into a hug and squeezed her against his chest. She sat there, pressed against him, feeling his heartbeat as he whispered sweet nothings in her ear. Before she could remember to hug him back, he was forcibly shoved backwards by something behind her.

"Careful," the voice of Adrian Pucey growled, placing a hand on her shoulder. In the few days that Rose had been in the Hospital, Adrian had appointed himself her own personal protector; she didn't mind, she came to accept the fact that she did feel safer when he was around, but she wouldn't say that to him.

Lee opened his mouth to speak, but Rose finally turned her eyes to him. "The healer said I needed space," she mumbled, trying to smile but failing tragically. "In case I go – you know – boom."

"Boom?" Lee questioned, his eyebrows furrowing in worry. She nodded simply, sending him a worried smile as her eyes wondered back to the black drapes adorning the Great Hall. "Right."

"We're glad you're alright, Rosie," George said, his attention changing between Rose and Adrian. "That's all."

"Yeah, me too," she whispered, but her hands were already gripping the edge of the table as she remembered she shouldn't be the one standing right there.

Before any more words could be exchanged between them, Dumbledore stood in front of the Great Hall. Rose saw Adrian nod at Amara as she carefully guided Rose's hand into her own.