-THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX-

• • •She feared a catastrophe that had already occurred• • •

• • •
She feared a catastrophe that had already occurred
• • •

For Rose Potter, living with Avalon meant living with a brother. Even if they were cousins, Amara and Avalon often felt more like her siblings than Harry sometimes did. Avalon checked up on her constantly, almost afraid that if he let her out of her sight for too long she would end up injured again. He would get home at 8 sharp every night from his new job at the Ministry of Magic with his father and help her with dinner for him and Adrian.

Living with Adrian was another story completely; she had taken up permanent residence in his bedroom and he let her wholeheartedly, he even took to sleeping in the couch to prove his point of letting Rose stay as long as she wanted. He would always come back home from his internship in Gringotts with a chocolate frog and a smile on his face; he'd curl up with Rose as she read a book until the early hours of the morning so the nightmares wouldn't catch up with her when she went to sleep. So yes, Rose thought she loved him, as much as she was capable of loving anyone which she didn't think was ever enough; at least not compared to the love she knew Adrian had for her.

Now that Cedric was dead, and she had learned to accept it instead of battling to bring him back to life, she refused to not let someone know when she loved them; Even if she hadn't exactly told Adrian she loved him while conscious.

So that is how Rose Potter found herself curled up in the couch with a book in one hand a glass of wine in the other waiting for the boys to arrive so she could get started with dinner and hopefully tonight would be the night she would built up the nerve to tell Adrian she loved him.

She was getting to the most interesting part of her book when she heard a knock in the door, it was so low she thought she imagined it. Nevertheless, she stood, dropping the book on the couch and walked to open the door where she was met with a peculiar sight. Rose had expected it to be Amara coming over for dinner like she had done a few times over the past few weeks, she did not, however, expect to see Albus Dumbledore in all his glory standing on her doorstep.

"Professor Dumbledore," Rose gasped, suddenly nervous over the glass of wine in her hand. "What are you doing here?"

"Hello, my dear," he replied in his low whimsical voice. However, his eyes betrayed his voice with the concerned written among them. "I need to speak to you about an important matter, may I come in?"

"Er— sure," she answered, opening up the door and moving aside to let her Headmaster in. "Please, come in. May I offer you something to drink?"

"Thank you, but this is urgent and I would like to leave as soon as possible to attend something different," Dumbledore said, taking a seat in the kitchen stools. "This is about Voldemort."

Rose shuddered, her mind infested with memories of the night she nearly bled to death for the second time in her life. "I know he's back, if that's what you wanted to tell me."