-VALENTINES-

• • • 

• • • 

The fact that 

you are trying 

is a proof that 

you are strong 

• • • 

For the first few weeks after Rose returned from the Holidays, she didn't go back to the mirror again, she couldn't deal with the fact of staring at the people who she most missed in the whole universe, knowing that she would never see them again. . . Besides Harry said that Dumbledore had caught him one night after curfew and asked him to stop coming to the mirror of eridise, Dumbledore reckoned it didn't do well to dwell on dreams. 

On another note, Oliver Wood was working the team harder than ever. Even the endless rain that had replaced the snow couldn't dampen his spirits. Fred and George complained that Oliver was becoming a fanatic, but Rose was on his side. If they won their next match, against Hufflepuff, they would overtake Slytherin in the House Championship. Rose found that lately she had been prioritising quidditch ahead of everything else in her life, she felt as if she spent too much time on the pitch rather than on the library or the common room. But that might've been the fact that Oliver was quidditch crazy. 

Then, during one particularly wet and muddy practice session, Oliver gave the team a bit of bad news. He'd just got very angry with the twins, who kept dive-bombing each other and pretending to fall off their brooms.

"Will you stop messing around!" he yelled. "That's exactly the sort of thing that'll lose us the match! Snape's refereeing this time, and he'll be looking for any excuse to knock points off Gryffindor!"

George really did fall off his broom at these words.

"Snape's refereeing?" he spluttered through a mouthful of mud. "When's he ever refereed a Quidditch match? He's not going to be fair if we might overtake Slytherin."

The rest of the team landed next to George to complain, too.

"It's not my fault," said Oliver. "We've just got to make sure we play a clean game, so Snape hasn't got an excuse to pick on us."

"Even if we play the cleanest game in the whole century, we haven't got a chance at winning with Snape refereeing!" Rose said, her cheeks were a bright crimson colour due to the cold.

"Sorry, everybody." Oliver said, throwing his hands up in the air. "There's nothing we can do."

Rose huffed in annoyance and turned on her heel, stalking towards the quidditch changing rooms.

"What is it with her?" She heard Angelina ask the team, Rose kept walking.

"Leave her to it, Angie." Fred sighed, he was obviously tired from practice. "Reckon she hasn't been sleeping well."